Gardening and Food Growing
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply
GRASS - The Most Valuable FREE Resource for Growing Food

Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
DREAM BIG in a tiny Tropical Garden (280 sqft) + Pro Gardening Tips ft. the legendary Farren Wayne

He's growing these tropical plants in pots/containers. 

• TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
The Farmers Have Had ENOUGH! (Gov: 70% Reduction Target!!!)

Drought is sweeping across the USA. Mainly the south. 
  • TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
It is miserably hot. Summer in the deep south USA is not fun if the plan is to feed a family from a small garden plot.

I weeded a 4' x 8' raised bed. Pulled the last of the carrots out of it. Turned the soil, added some fertilizer, rock dust, lime and Epsom salts. Then I planted sweet potato slips in there. we shall see if they like it. 

There is thunder on the horizon, but I turned the sprinkler on just is case the rain goes somewhere else.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 4 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry, Heir, TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
(06-23-2022, 04:13 AM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
Temporary shed moved to back onto the fence all ready for when the builders come to replace all of the windows. I bought some grass seeds yesterday, raked the little amount of soil there was there and watered. It's been very cloudy on and off, looking like rain, every time I take the dog out for a piddle. 

I might have to put some more soil on the large bare patch, and reseed again. See how we go, I've been looking at what I can put there under the window, has it's a very shady area. 

It looks really bare now that the shed has been moved. 

Heartflowers
  • SlowLoris
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 03:46 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
Temporary shed moved to back onto the fence all ready for when the builders come to replace all of the windows. I bought some grass seeds yesterday, raked the little amount of soil there was there and watered. It's been very cloudy on and off, looking like rain, every time I take the dog out for a piddle. 

I might have to put some more soil on the large bare patch, and reseed again. See how we go, I've been looking at what I can put there under the window, has it's a very shady area. 

Heartflowers
If you're trying to plant grass you need to wait until fall.  When the soil is still warm and the moisture doesn't evaporate you'll have a better chance of germination

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • ELIAKIM, Heir
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 05:12 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 03:46 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote:

Heartflowers
If you're trying to plant grass you need to wait until fall.  When the spoil is still warm and the moisture doesn't evaporate you'll have a better chance of germination
It does get very windy here during Autumn and being on the corner, the wind rushes through. I could leave it until the end of August, so it has September to geminate, but come October, it tends to be very windy taking the leaves off the trees.  Heartflowers
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
At last, its raining, the grass really needs a good downpour everywhere, it was starting to go yellow on the verges. 

Heartflowers

[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(06-25-2022, 04:02 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: At last, its raining, the grass really needs a good downpour everywhere, it was starting to go yellow on the verges. 

Heartflowers

My cool season fescue is suffering in the heat but the Bermuda and crabgrass is loving it 

Facepalm

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyoverCountry's post:
  • SlowLoris
Like Reply