Gardening and Food Growing
(05-06-2021, 04:02 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:45 PM)Apache54 Wrote: Got the main big garden tilled and fertilized today and ready to plant, the nights are just now out of freeze.

The Tomato plants are about 3 inches in height now under the grow lights, they will be ready to transplant soon.

The new potato beds are almost ready.

Gardening so far this year is looking good.

The crab apple is in full bloom and the other apple trees and the peaches and cherry are close.
Spring is the best.  I'd like to live where I could grow tropical plants but bugs 365 days a year would suck Chuckle

I love spring and late fall.

I been in jungle type areas to many times and they are NOT my thing, yup, They serve there purpose for what I was doing but to live with that stuff 24/7 nope not for me.

Where I live we don't have mosquitos or rattler snakes. LOL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apache54's post:
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
Got my garden started today. Lettuce, carrots, peas, green beans. Going to do broccoli, radish, beets, onions. No corn this year. Or potatoes.

Gotta give it two more weeks for the tomato plants.
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes IDR's post:
  • FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 06:37 PM)IDR Wrote: Got my garden started today. Lettuce, carrots, peas, green beans. Going to do broccoli, radish, beets, onions. No corn this year. Or potatoes.

How do you eat your beets?  Think I've only had them pickled but may have had them in a salad

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyoverCountry's post:
  • IDR
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 06:43 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:37 PM)IDR Wrote: Got my garden started today. Lettuce, carrots, peas, green beans. Going to do broccoli, radish, beets, onions. No corn this year. Or potatoes.

How do you eat your beets?  Think I've only had them pickled but may have had them in a salad

I love beets. And they are rich in nitric oxide and antioxidants. Also vitamin C

I boil them, fry them, BBQ them and bake them. My fav is bbq. I just love them. My wife not so much, so more for me!  Chuckle

[-] The following 2 users Like IDR's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
I have Hungarian Sweet Peppers going to town.
Bought 4 plants a month ago and they already have baby peppers all over.
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grendelmort's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
Food prices gone up 4.2% in America, biggest increase since 2008. 

https://www.brighteon.com/1f41bdbd-7b01-...c0c840d796
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply
Water Shut Off to Thousands of Farms and Wildlife in California and Oregon, Klamath Lake Shutdown
https://www.brighteon.com/72ab4d85-30e6-...99c88c30e5
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply
I gots lavender that came back volunteer this year. Slick. Will make for some good spice mix. And bring in some bees.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
Planted the tomatoes today. We will be gone for ten days. Hope it doesn't freeze.  1dunno1

[-] The following 2 users Like IDR's post:
  • DaJavoo, ELIAKIM
Like Reply
Spring has finally Sprung here abouts .

Fire Flies are out in Force .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 2 users Like Heir's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Grendelmort