Gunnies.....
(02-23-2021, 08:14 AM)RedAuroras Wrote: I'm still stuck thinking about that 48" barrel! That goes waaay beyond what we used to call a "goose gun"!

Yes, that prompted a lot of thought on my end.

Chuckle
[-] The following 2 users Like Troller Durden's post:
  • Apache54, RedAuroras
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 12:21 AM)Troller Durden Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 04:02 PM)JB1 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 03:07 PM)Troller Durden Wrote: I almost bought a 10mm Kriss Vector l/n

One click away......decided I better get my water on, a shower and groceries first and get my head clear.... Lmao

[Image: goodgood-give-into-temptation.jpg]

I gave in to the dark side.... Lmao

https://youtu.be/TE9yx-KDeAI

this color.

I had a 45 Vector some years ago. The whole design is really rather pointless in semi-auto, so good call on the pass.
[Image: SoZEKF4.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes crunchysuperman's post:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 12:30 PM)Troller Durden Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:14 AM)RedAuroras Wrote: I'm still stuck thinking about that 48" barrel! That goes waaay beyond what we used to call a "goose gun"!

Yes, that prompted a lot of thought on my end.

Chuckle

You would've shit loved to have been with me one night in Pohang Korea.  Short story is a wall ~35ft packed with Win 1898's (exposed hammer) already config'd as WWI trench guns.
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like RedAuroras's post:
  • Apache54, phxsparks
Like Reply

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Aces, Apache54, RedAuroras, rikster111
Like Reply
A question for anyone with a 1911...

How hard is it for you to reinsert the slide stop during reassembly? I ask because it is very difficult on mine. I dont know if the plunger pin is to long, the plunger tube is slightly in wrong position or if the slide stop is out of spec in some way? I have to use a small precision flat head screwdriver to press the pin in while pressing down on the slide stop for it to snap in. Its aggrevating because im going to wind up with an idiot mark on the gun. I guess a good place to start would be to get a new plunger pin. Its just bullshit having to replace things on a practically brand new gun.
自由が非合法化されると、無法者だけが自由のままになります : フセイン・フェイタル
[Image: kakOq6h.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like JB1's post:
  • Apache54, RedAuroras
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 03:44 PM)JB1 Wrote: A question for anyone with a 1911...

How hard is it for you to reinsert the slide stop during reassembly? I ask because it is very difficult on mine. I dont know if the plunger pin is to long, the plunger tube is slightly in wrong position or if the slide stop is out of spec in some way? I have to use a small precision flat head screwdriver to press the pin in while pressing down on the slide stop for it to snap in. Its aggrevating because im going to wind up with an idiot mark on the gun. I guess a good place to start would be to get a new plunger pin. Its just bullshit having to replace things on a practically brand new gun.

The slide stop should just pop right (straight) in. I've seen a few idiot marks from people that tried to reinsert the stop by pushing in while the ledge end was below the slot.

I'd pull the slide stop and shoot some solvent on that plunger, then douche it with oil. Rather than chance an idiot mark, use a tongue depressor/popsicle stick to exercise the plunger.

I still haven't replaced the stock safety while an extended slide stop was the first thing I added. Otherwise, I had to shift my hand to drop the slide on a fresh mag.
  • Apache54, rikster111
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 04:43 PM)RedAuroras Wrote: The slide stop should just pop right (straight) in. I've seen a few idiot marks from people that tried to reinsert the stop by pushing in while the ledge end was below the slot.

I'd pull the slide stop and shoot some solvent on that plunger, then douche it with oil. Rather than chance an idiot mark, use a tongue depressor/popsicle stick to exercise the plunger.

I still haven't replaced the stock safety while an extended slide stop was the first thing I added. Otherwise, I had to shift my hand to drop the slide on a fresh mag.

Mine wont snap in the way it should. Using a popsicle stick doesnt work very well either. Using the tiny screwdriver allows me to press the pin in while snapping the stop into place. I dont really mean idiot mark in the traditional sense but more so that the slide stop slides off the top of the plunger pin and skits across the frame, thus causing a scratch that greatly resembles an idiot mark. I really do believe the plunger pin is to long/out of spec.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JB1's post:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 06:02 PM)JB1 Wrote: Mine wont snap in the way it should. Using a popsicle stick doesnt work very well either. Using the tiny screwdriver allows me to press the pin in while snapping the stop into place. I dont really mean idiot mark in the traditional sense but more so that the slide stop slides off the top of the plunger pin and skits across the frame, thus causing a scratch that greatly resembles an idiot mark. I really do believe the plunger pin is to long/out of spec.

Something's definitely outta whack then! Any probs with the thumb safety? I'm gonna have to pull mine out and take a look now and get back to ya.
  • ID Rick, JB1
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 07:02 PM)RedAuroras Wrote: Something's definitely outta whack then! Any probs with the thumb safety? I'm gonna have to pull mine out and take a look now and get back to ya.

Nope, no problems with the thumb safety. It performs as it should as far as I can tell. If I knew how long the plunger pin is supposed to be I could measure mine and either solve my problem or at least rule out the pin and move on to the next culprit.
[-] The following 2 users Like JB1's post:
  • RedAuroras, Weasel Keeper
Like Reply
(02-24-2021, 07:32 PM)JB1 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 07:02 PM)RedAuroras Wrote: Something's definitely outta whack then! Any probs with the thumb safety? I'm gonna have to pull mine out and take a look now and get back to ya.

Nope, no problems with the thumb safety. It performs as it should as far as I can tell. If I knew how long the plunger pin is supposed to be I could measure mine and either solve my problem or at least rule out the pin and move on to the next culprit.
I'm looking at my 460 Rowland right now and I can't imagine WTF is going wrong with yours,  1dunno1
[-] The following 2 users Like Weasel Keeper's post:
  • JB1, RedAuroras
Like Reply