Ye Olde Cock & Bull Tavern ~ Adventures Surfin' Thru the Time Rift ~ Welcome!
Incoming Fam news from the Greatest Show on Earth going down at the West Coast: For All ye weary Travellers here not hitherto...

The Best Places to View the Cape’s Spring Flowers

By Inside Guide

https://insideguide.co.za/cape-town/spring-flowers/

The daisies close at about 18h00 hours and the show is over for the day...It's the oddest thing...they just close their petals as one organism and the colour disappears until the next morn when the Sun rises and it's all a rock and Roll Colour Festival all over again, dazzling the uninitiated and confounding the locals after all this time 

Dad is recording it all.

Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink the milk and eat those apples.” - Squealer

- Eric Arthur Blair, Animal Farm
[-] The following 5 users Like James's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Heir, SlowLoris
Like Reply
A nice young man came to the house a couple weeks ago and sold me Frontier fiber optic internet cable.
He claimed that the speed compared to Spectrum was mind blowing.
So I  said okay , I explained the obstacles they would encounter bringing underground cable from the street to my house. He said that it would be no problem.

Mind you I don't have much entertainment out here on the edge of the Green Swamp.

Once upon  a time,  18 years ago,  I  had landline phone service. The cable was underground.  I  cut through it whwn I tilled the garden,  they repaired it while I was at work so I didn't know that they ran ir across a flat, sunny spot that is perfect for a corn patch. I cut through it with the tiller. They repaired it by draping it on the fence and chopping through some tree roots . One wet summer my daughter got stuck in the mud in the driveway and tore up the phone cable. By that time Spectrum had offered me aerial cable and it didn't matter about the Verizon phone cable.

So the Frontier cable guy showed up while I was napping and began to chop a shallow trench across the corn field and was a foot away from chopping  through the water line going from the house to the garden When I came outside .  I said NO! He said, no speak English. After he called some woman on his phone and her and I had a not so friendly conversation, he left. I was pissed. He had not made sure someone was home, he had left the gate open and my great Pyrenees was running the streets of the neighborhood and he was taking the cable to the wrong end of my house.

Three installers and four phone conversations later, Frontier has decided that it is not possible to provide me with super fast internet.

The problem is a drainage ditch carrying monsoon rains from the street,  diagonal across the corner of my property to the Green Swamp. Plus I have a parking area filled with 6-8" of concrete rubble in front of my house so that during monsoon season the cars don't sink down to their axles.

Frontier will not go aerial and the ground conditions are impractical to go underground.

I tried to tell the nice salesman about the obstacles but who listens to an old woman? so like I  said,  I don't get much entertainment out here so I let them waste their time.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png] [Image: WOlkLaS.gif]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 9 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • =42, Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, DaJavoo, ELIAKIM, Heir, Oldcynic, Pintaday, Southern Belle
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 09:57 AM)SlowLoris Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 03:04 AM)gallowglassie Wrote: Evening 3rd shifters am in a nesting frenzy to get some tasks done since Putin issued decree to call up 300,000

Ben from Suspicious Observers posted this in the last 12 hours, an unusual nighttime upload. He goes over the details on a solar flare again, note a Nuke flash is an EMP too

Preparing for Disaster - YouTube

transplanted my basil to indoor pots, got some homemade powder detergent mixed up (Borax, Fels Naptha, Arm n Hammer washing soda, orange Oxy clean) dry lasts longer

The cut dill finally dried up, mint and raspberry leaves picked off the berry bushes and mixed up, dried for medicinal tea this winter and to flavor iced tea

getting ready to save the dill fronds and leek heads for seedstock for next year.

need to get a full load of bedding, towels and linens done here today and try out the "new" powder detergent and hang to dry

hope everybody spends the wknd tying up their loose ends and getting things ready and winterized

watch those tutorial youtubes while you can

I have used the homemade laundry soap for many many years. My recipe adds baking soda for odors. Washing soda is baking soda, cooked at a high temperature which changes the chemistry. It then will Break down body funk and oils.

@SlowLoris otherwise is it the same recipe?
_________________________________________________________________________________

[Image: utarz7u.jpg] [Image: u6HDNCp.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Southern Belle's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, DaJavoo
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 10:34 AM)SlowLoris Wrote: A nice young man came to the house a couple weeks ago and sold me Frontier fiber optic internet cable.
He claimed that the speed compared to Spectrum was mind blowing.
So I  said okay , I explained the obstacles they would encounter bringing underground cable from the street to my house. He said that it would be no problem.

Mind you I don't have much entertainment out here on the edge of the Green Swamp.

Once upon  a time,  18 years ago,  I  had landline phone service. The cable was underground.  I  cut through it whwn I tilled the garden,  they repaired it while I was at work so I didn't know that they ran ir across a flat, sunny spot that is perfect for a corn patch. I cut through it with the tiller. They repaired it by draping it on the fence and chopping through some tree roots . One wet summer my daughter got stuck in the mud in the driveway and tore up the phone cable. By that time Spectrum had offered me aerial cable and it didn't matter about the Verizon phone cable.

So the Frontier cable guy showed up while I was napping and began to chop a shallow trench across the corn field and was a foot away from chopping  through the water line going from the house to the garden When I came outside .  I said NO! He said, no speak English. After he called some woman on his phone and her and I had a not so friendly conversation, he left. I was pissed. He had not made sure someone was home, he had left the gate open and my great Pyrenees was running the streets of the neighborhood and he was taking the cable to the wrong end of my house.

Three installers and four phone conversations later, Frontier has decided that it is not possible to provide me with super fast internet.

The problem is a drainage ditch carrying monsoon rains from the street,  diagonal across the corner of my property to the Green Swamp. Plus I have a parking area filled with 6-8" of concrete rubble in front of my house so that during monsoon season the cars don't sink down to their axles.

Frontier will not go aerial and the ground conditions are impractical to go underground.

I tried to tell the nice salesman about the obstacles but who listens to an old woman? so like I  said,  I don't get much entertainment out here so I let them waste their time.

Lmao Great story!!

Applaud

Heartflowers
_________________________________________________________________________________

[-] The following 5 users Like Southern Belle's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Heir, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Almost forgot...For all BTFs Jewish Fam on the 25th

[Image: a1782e60a627a8e254b8a032571f84f4.jpg]

From Beth, New York Grans, Rachel, Melissa and annoying Hubby Norm, and other assorted Fam far flung, at this time of introspection and new life.

Blessings!

Love James.
Day and night we are watching over your welfare. It is for your sake that we drink the milk and eat those apples.” - Squealer

- Eric Arthur Blair, Animal Farm
[-] The following 5 users Like James's post:
  • chancyspook, DaJavoo, ELIAKIM, PickleSnout, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Wonder where @FlyoverCountry has gotten to?  Sure enjoy his informative and entertaining posts!

Scratchinghead

[-] The following 7 users Like Southern Belle's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Goldilocks, PickleSnout, Rembrandt, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 10:00 AM)James Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 06:24 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 06:00 AM)James Wrote: Thanks DJ...actually well enuff considering our horrific electricity situation here.  Won't go all woo-woo on that now, but it's draining man. Folks 'n entourage went off to see the Spring Flowers the other day.  Vids and images coming back are breath-taking and it's just the beginning of the Greatest Show on Earth.

Imo there is no artist on Earth that can capture God's exhibition happening on the West coast right now.  I should have gone with...(sniff)

You should fly here and see it one day....It's a truly life-changing experience.  Just bring lot's of  Hankies if you do.

[Image: tom-and-jerry-cat.gif]

I can sympathize with yer power sitch, although in my case it's one of rural ineptitude.

So far this week, I've had two interruptions for a few hours.

We've tried to go solar without putting sumbuddy's kids thru Harvard, but I can't find a contractor willing to work with me.  I really wanted a solar solution, but decided we just won't live long enough to see the ROI.

As we need a remedy for the constant outages (considered features of the system rather than bugs) and backup for hurricane/storms we've decided on a propane gas generator ~ whole house, automatic transfer.  While it is fairly affordable to install ($12k) it is expensive to operate due to the cost of propane; it will beat the continual power disruptions that are driving me crazy.

Granted, its flaw will be the need for propane fuel delivered frequently, so it's not a long term SHTF option, but I've got a gasoline generator that will suffice for truly dire circumstances.

We may be fortunate enuff to get it installed for this year's storms...but, prolly not.    Eyeroll
Whatever anyone says just get a petrol/ Diesel (cheaper) generator.  Get a sparky to install it into your home appliance load capacity/grid... (very NB)...Then you can run not just basic appliances but Geysers, stoves, heaters.  The Inverter gig, whether its battery storage form the grid or Solar panels. is a massive scam pushed by the Corporate Climate-change Investment  Cult.

Diesels make the least noise (weirdly) and have low level maintenance requirements ...You'll see.

Thought about that ~ decided propane doesn't go bad when stored.

Neither fuel will be around perpetually after TSHTF, but all I really need is power to keep things edible until we eat them.  Beyond that it's a luxury and I can possibly scavenge liquid propane from the 1,000's of tanks dotting the landscape or hork gasoline and juice it with a stabilizer for the gasoline genny.

Really though ~ at my age, I expect it to become sumbuddy else's problem in short order.

Beyond that, I don't have a shit to give.  For right now, pre-SHTF ~ I need to SOLVE these FREQUENT outages on this bumpkin power co-op.

It pisses me off no end ~ and I don't mind going to costly ends to solve it.   [Image: 25ctrgC.gif]

I could have had a system in months ago if only there were competent sales reps/contractors willing to get off their arses and make a buck.
[Image: qHzIQOs.png] [Image: Flag_of_Georgia_US_state.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • =42, Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, James, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 11:11 AM)Southern Belle Wrote: Wonder where @FlyoverCountry has gotten to?  Sure enjoy his informative and entertaining posts!

Scratchinghead
I thought he was going fishing or something along the lines.
[-] The following 5 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • chancyspook, DaJavoo, Oldcynic, SlowLoris, Southern Belle
Like Reply
[Image: d583101ab430a3cfce2e197bc6658b8a.jpg]

It's Friday!   [Image: p3fr2lI.gif]
[Image: qHzIQOs.png] [Image: Flag_of_Georgia_US_state.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, chancyspook, PickleSnout, Pintaday, SlowLoris, Southern Belle
Like Reply
Boris slipped up and said Putin instead of Zelenskyy 

And update of the jubilant Dombass today from iEarlGrey 

9mins 

Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 4 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • chancyspook, DaJavoo, SlowLoris, Southern Belle
Like Reply