Ye Olde Cock & Bull Tavern ~ Adventures Surfin' Thru the Time Rift ~ Welcome!
[Image: NrzuUYA.png]

[Image: 96lXSuR.gif]
[Image: LnNDwC8.png] [Image: 7iwOcfu.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 08:02 AM)ishtahota Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:56 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:51 AM)ishtahota Wrote: The cul-de-sac is banked at 6.5' on the left. from under my house/porch, all the way around [60'] to the shop(which will have its own entrance). I will just build another RR-tie embankment (free) so it appears the same from the rd. Add a slab roof and instant tunnel. (yes it will be lined with 4' block. 4" poured floor/roof, air vents, and slits for observation of the lower property.) The estimated cost for the tunnel is $900. My house also hangs off the mnt about 7'. so the 'tunnel' conveniently goes under my kitchen.

I would simply 'Form' the walls but a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 2x4 prices are OUTRAGEOS! Imagine brick and steel (which I can get any dimensional steel at scrap prices from a neighbor) being cheaper!

This all seems extravagant but really the lay-of-the-land makes it easier.

It is screaming for this to be done!

Chuckle

Indeed ~ Price of lumber is going to create a new fashion of block constructed housing.   Facepalm

Of course, there is the steel framing alternative that's been trying to edge out traditional lumber for years ~ it may have its day yet.

Hope everything conspires to make this a soon reality for you and yer tribe, @ishtahota   [Image: aEsPK4t.gif]

Starting the first one in a month.
I gotta get the driveway off the other side of the cul-de-sac anyways.

Honestly, I am stuck between a show-and-tell on this site and a hard no on info.

Loose lips and all.

1dunno1

Leave location details out of anything you'd like to share.

This thread flies by so quickly it's not likely to be seen by any but the dedicated C&B'er.   Chuckle

You'll be doin' sumpin' the rest of us only dream about ~ we'll all cheer ya' on and who knows?  Ya' might even get a tip or two!  Wink
[Image: LnNDwC8.png] [Image: 7iwOcfu.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, Elric, Goldilocks, ishtahota, K1ll_R06U3, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
[Image: 7K9J3Sr.png][Image: TAOppkb.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like K1ll_R06U3's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 04:39 AM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 10:00 PM)Elric Wrote: Regarding bunkers; that was my plan exactly, to bury a shipping container over a slab with proper drainage and reinforce the sides with concrete. 
Didn't know that the floor of a container is stronger than it's roof though. 

Drainage is way important. Once encased in concrete there's no going back to get it right. 

My preference would be to dig into a slope. Burying one on flat ground would make drainage a bigger job but no way around that really. 

Camouflaging with a chicken coop is an excellent idea. One could hide an entrance or escape hatch inside and disguise vents in there as well. 

If under attack, air vents would be an obvious weak point where one could block them, denying air to the occupants, or use them to pour in chemicals. 
With that in mind I'd build a small concrete room inside the chicken coop for the entrance/escape hatch and to secure the air vents and any other mechanicals or electrical gadgetry.

Other way around, M8.
@ishtahota recommended FLIPPING the container as the FLOOR is stronger than the roof.   [Image: 5gxxThs.gif]    
Doh!  Facepalm   

That's what I meant to write. 
There. Fixed.  Chuckle
[Image: 6sBEidU.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Elric's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3, SlowLoris
Like Reply
One more  Drinks

[Image: 7K9J3Sr.png][Image: TAOppkb.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like K1ll_R06U3's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks
Like Reply
My State of NSW has just introduced that masks must be worn in shops and on public transport. 
Meh. No one was wearing them when I went to the chemist this arvo.  Chuckle  

Wooki has not had his walk for three days [raining] but he's rather chill. [He's asleep at my feet] Though I did walk him outside for 20 minutes to let him sniff and mark. 
Hope it dries enough between showers tomorrow to take him for a run. 

Had two black cockatoos in my white cedar tree today, sharpening their beaks by ripping branches to shreds. 
They're really noisy. 
Beautiful birds. 

Black cockatoos aren't as common as galahs and white cockatoos around here. 
For some reason kookaburras don't frequent my area though they're frequently heard in the mountains ten miles west of me.  1dunno1  

It's nearly the bewitching hour. 

Night all.  Drinks
[Image: 6sBEidU.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Elric's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, DaJavoo, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, ishtahota, K1ll_R06U3, Pintaday, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Oops dp
[Image: QvuOAGw.png]
[-] The following 9 users Like ishtahota's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3, SlowLoris, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
Lmao

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3
Like Reply
(05-06-2021, 09:27 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Lmao

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
That’s great! I like when he pulls that lego out of his hair!  Chuckle
Somebody call a jackass?
[-] The following 8 users Like Hero Protagonist's post:
  • Billy, BirdLady2, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, K1ll_R06U3
Like Reply

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Billy, chancyspook, DaJavoo, Elric, Goldilocks, jedijuju, K1ll_R06U3
Like Reply