Film: "The Hunt", Released Today. Rich Libs Hunt, To Kill, Deplorables.
(Just a quick note: I find the release timing of this previously embargoed film, interesting..)

[Image: betty-gilpin-the-hunt.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1]

The Hunt’: Film Review
An intense, over-the-top satire of partisan politics taken to its most dangerous extreme, Craig Zobel's controversial thriller delivers the excitement, if not necessarily the deeper social critique.
By Peter Debug

Snip
While not nearly as incendiary as the early coverage made it out to be, “The Hunt” gives skeptics ample ammunition to condemn this twisted riff on “The Most Dangerous Game,” in which a posse of heavily armed liberal elites get carried away exercising their Second Amendment rights against a dozen “deplorables” — as the hunters label their prey, adopting Hillary Clinton’s dismissive, dehumanizing term for the “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic” contingent whose fringe beliefs have found purchase with President Trump. No matter who you ask, the “right to bear arms” was never intended as justification for Americans to turn their guns against those they disagree with, whereas that’s the premise from which “Lost” creator Damon Lindelof and co-writer Nick Cuse depart here — partisan politics taken to their most irreconcilable extremes — as Zobel proves just the director to execute such a tight, well-oiled shock-a-thon.
https://variety.com/2020/film/reviews/th...203529999/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowGYbxTPgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=UEl6zGYvlpk&feature=emb_logo

@Deplorably-Nameless @Talon   @TheOrderofChaos  @Apache54  @Debauchery  @Catch @Munchaab  @Slappy Kincaid
"Don't try to Out-Smart me, I'm in College!"

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen... for a very specific purpose... The Hunt. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites' master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters' game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar ® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_hunt_2020

From TIME

Snip
When reporting the news on Aug. 6 that some networks were deciding not to run the film’s trailer following recent mass shootings, the Hollywood Reporter shared two lines allegedly from the film’s script. After one character makes an expletive-laden reference to the nation’s president, another finds solace in the upcoming killing game: “At least The Hunt’s coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables.”

Throughout the film, those being hunted use assault rifles and other weapons in their attempts to defeat the elite and save themselves — Americans described by THR as conservatives. In the trailer, some characters say they hail from red states such as Mississippi, Wyoming and Florida. The film’s original title was “Red State vs. Blue State,” according to THR, but neither Universal nor Blumhouse have confirmed that.
https://time.com/5650047/the-hunt-movie/

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
The Hunt Ending Explained: What Is The Truth Behind Manorgate?

SPOILER WARNING: The following article contains massive spoilers for The Hunt. If you have not yet seen the film, please proceed at your own risk!
While 2020 is still a young year, one of the most controversial titles we’ll see is now playing everywhere. Craig Zobel’s The Hunt was originally supposed to come out last fall, but conversation surrounding the movie wound up growing so heated that the release was delayed (despite the fact that nobody had actually seen the finished film at that time). Now, about six months later, the film is playing on the big screen, and now that we’ve finally seen it, we can tell you that it comes packed with a wallop of an ending.

So what happens at the end of The Hunt? What are all the big questions asked and answered? To sort through it all, we’ve put together this handy guide, and without further ado, let’s dive in!

Snip
What Happens At The End Of The Hunt

The third act of The Hunt begins with a flashback – specifically one that reveals big bad Athena (both literally and figuratively). Taking us back a year, we watch as Athena is confronted by a pair of associates in her office who are there to deliver some seriously bad news: she is being terminated. A text chain between herself and a few like-minded CEOs was revealed to the public via a hack, and a controversy exploded as a result – with special focus centering on an exchange regarding “slaughtering deplorables” at a manor. Despite it all just being a joke, and Athena not even owning a “manor” (simply a new house in Vermont), the noise surrounding the situation was loud enough for her to be ousted from her position.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2492532...-manorgate

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
Max Gravity Wrote:(Just a quick note: I find the release timing of this previously embargoed film, interesting..)

[Image: betty-gilpin-the-hunt.jpg?w=1000&h=562&crop=1]

The Hunt’: Film Review
An intense, over-the-top satire of partisan politics taken to its most dangerous extreme, Craig Zobel's controversial thriller delivers the excitement, if not necessarily the deeper social critique.
By Peter Debug

Snip
While not nearly as incendiary as the early coverage made it out to be, “The Hunt” gives skeptics ample ammunition to condemn this twisted riff on “The Most Dangerous Game,” in which a posse of heavily armed liberal elites get carried away exercising their Second Amendment rights against a dozen “deplorables” — as the hunters label their prey, adopting Hillary Clinton’s dismissive, dehumanizing term for the “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic” contingent whose fringe beliefs have found purchase with President Trump. No matter who you ask, the “right to bear arms” was never intended as justification for Americans to turn their guns against those they disagree with, whereas that’s the premise from which “Lost” creator Damon Lindelof and co-writer Nick Cuse depart here — partisan politics taken to their most irreconcilable extremes — as Zobel proves just the director to execute such a tight, well-oiled shock-a-thon.
https://variety.com/2020/film/reviews/th...203529999/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowGYbxTPgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=UEl6zGYvlpk&feature=emb_logo

@Deplorably-Nameless @Talon   @TheOrderofChaos  @Apache54  @Debauchery  @Catch @Munchaab  @Slappy Kincaid

It was supposed to be released months ago...it got a lot of Internet attention, mostly incorrect information. Like how people were offended and it needed to be shelved.

At the other forum we were on, The Fringe, there was a thread on this a long while back.  I did try to let others know that the only people offended were the elite, as the film was not about us Deplorables being just hunted by them, but how us Deplorables end up taking out the elite.

Got a lot of nay saying, but I hoped it would be released.  It was delayed. 

I'm glad it's being released...as now is indeed perfect timing.  I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope the film makers didn't cave to the studios or the offended wealthy liberals.

Heartflowers
[Image: 2ydPCrq.png] “Sometimes, you have to believe in what you can’t see in order to see past what you can.
Like Reply
(03-13-2020, 11:51 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:
Max Gravity Wrote:

It was supposed to be released months ago...it got a lot of Internet attention, mostly incorrect information. Like how people were offended and it needed to be shelved.

At the other forum we were on, The Fringe, there was a thread on this a long while back.  I did try to let others know that the only people offended were the elite, as the film was not about us Deplorables being just hunted by them, but how us Deplorables end up taking out the elite.

Got a lot of nay saying, but I hoped it would be released.  It was delayed. 

I'm glad it's being released...as now is indeed perfect timing.  I'm looking forward to it.

I just hope the film makers didn't cave to the studios or the offended wealthy liberals.

Heartflowers

I thought it interesting that, the film's writers down plaied that the film's script was just a kind of joke?

Nobody, spends that kind of production/distribution money on a "joke".

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 12:02 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:

Especially in Hollyweird.

[-] Liked by:
  • Debauchery, Heir, Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply

@Deplorably-Nameless

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 12:45 AM)SouthernBelle Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 12:02 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:

Especially in Hollyweird.

I did a little looking around. Comcast owns $$$ the production company.

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply
I'm seeing a sideways approach here. If I may, a bit of time to rummage through the possibilities here? Thank you.  Heartflowers

@Max Gravity @Deplorably-Nameless
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, Sami
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 12:55 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:

@Deplorably-Nameless

I swear he’s reading my posts. Wink

I Heartflowers our POTUS
[Image: 2ydPCrq.png] “Sometimes, you have to believe in what you can’t see in order to see past what you can.
[-] Liked by:
  • Heir, Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami
Like Reply