Film: "The Hunt", Released Today. Rich Libs Hunt, To Kill, Deplorables.
(03-14-2020, 10:43 AM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 12:55 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:

@Deplorably-Nameless

I swear he’s reading my posts.  Wink

Heartflowers our POTUS

The WH media team reads and, watches/listens to a lot of stuff so, ya never know..
"Don't try to Out-Smart me, I'm in College!"

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit, Sami
Like Reply
Films have been used as propaganda tools since their beginning.  D.W. Griffith was more famous for The Birth of A Nation than he was for his inventions of modern film techniques. Hollywood was built because of it's proximity to the Mexican border. Film companies would cross the border and use Griffith's inventions off US soil, so they could avoid paying him royalties. Hollywood was built to skate the law and, cheat Griffith.

[Image: MV5BYTM4ZDhiYTQtYzExNC00YjVlLTg2YWYtYTk3...68_AL_.jpg]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0004972/

Leni Riefenstahl gained fame as Hitler's film maker.

[Image: Triumph_des_Willens_poster.jpg]

Snip
Triumph of the Will (German: Triumph des Willens) is a 1935 Nazi propaganda film directed, produced, edited, and co-written by Leni Riefenstahl. It chronicles the 1934 Nazi Party Congress in Nuremberg, which was attended by more than 700,000 Nazi supporters.[1] The film contains excerpts from speeches given by Nazi leaders at the Congress, including Adolf Hitler, Rudolf Hess and Julius Streicher, interspersed with footage of massed Sturmabteilung (SA) and Schutzstaffel (SS) troops and public reaction. Hitler commissioned the film and served as an unofficial executive producer; his name appears in the opening titles. The film's overriding theme is the return of Germany as a great power, with Hitler as the leader who will bring glory to the nation. Because the film was made after the 1934 Night of the Long Knives (on 30 June), many prominent Sturmabteilung (SA) members are absent—they were murdered in that Party purge, organised and orchestrated by Hitler to replace the SA with the Schutzstaffel (SS) as his main paramilitary force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_of_the_Will

When studying Film, it was impressed on students that, a Film can be an important tool in a political movement. It can change public thinking, for better or worse.

The Hunt may spawn change, if it's as popular as "V" was.

[Image: 9fbcace3190588fc9cf58abd7488023e.jpg]

V for Vendetta is a 2006 dystopian political thriller action film directed by James McTeigue and written by the Wachowskis,[b] based on the 1988 DC/Vertigo Comics limited series of the same name by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. Set in an alternative future where a Nordic supremacist and neo-fascist totalitarian regime has subjugated the United Kingdom, the film centers on V (portrayed by Hugo Weaving), an anarchist and masked freedom fighter who attempts to ignite a revolution through elaborate terrorist acts, while Natalie Portman plays Evey, a young, working-class woman caught up in V's mission and Stephen Rea portrays a detective leading a desperate quest to stop V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_(film)

[Image: 315px-Protest_ACTA_2012-02-11_-_Toulouse..._scarf.jpg]

Guy Fawkes masks found in the film, are now a popular symbol of anarchy through out the world.

Guy Fawkes mask

A protester wearing a Guy Fawkes mask
The Guy Fawkes mask is a stylised depiction of Guy Fawkes, the best-known member of the Gunpowder Plot. The plot was an attempt to blow up the House of Lords in London on 5 November 1605, in order to restore a Catholic head of state. The use of a mask on an effigy has long roots as part of Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.
A stylised portrayal of a face with a smile and red cheeks, a wide moustache upturned at both ends, and a thin vertical pointed beard, designed by illustrator David Lloyd, came to represent broader protest after it was used as a major plot element in V for Vendetta, published from 1982-1989, and its 2005 film adaptation. After appearing in Web forums, the mask became a well-known symbol for the online hacktivist group Anonymous, used in Project Chanology, the Occupy movement, Anonymous for the Voiceless, and other anti-government and anti-establishment protests around the world. This has led to the popular name Anonymous mask.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mas

@PickleSnout @Deplorably-Nameless @TheOrderofChaos

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, MysticPizza, PickleSnout
Like Reply
Any time you have "entertainment" in taking lives...
Well, I have to question who it ultimately serves.
Sick, sad, anti-life.
Wassat point to?
Heartflowers
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, MysticPizza, Sami
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 01:23 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: Any time you have "entertainment" in taking lives...
Well, I have to question who it ultimately serves.
Sick, sad, anti-life.
Wassat point to?

A lot of people with an agenda have big money. Look at Bloomberg and Co.

All most of us can do is, try to avoid the fallout.

This seems the most relied on excuse / philosophy for the behavior of "those people"..

"you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs"

The use of assault rifles by the "Deplorables" in their deference is telling. There's an agenda present; it's obvious.

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit, Sami
Like Reply
Max Gravity Wrote:Films have been used as propaganda tools since their beginning.  D.W. Griffith was more famous for The Birth of A Nation than he was for his inventions of modern film techniques. Hollywood was built because of it's proximity to the Mexican border. Film companies would cross the border and use Griffith's inventions off US soil, so they could avoid paying him royalties. Hollywood was built to skate the law and, cheat Griffith.

[Image: MV5BYTM4ZDhiYTQtYzExNC00YjVlLTg2YWYtYTk3...68_AL_.jpg]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0004972/

Leni Riefenstahl gained fame as Hitler's film maker.

[Image: Triumph_des_Willens_poster.jpg]

Snip
Triumph of the Will (German: Triumph des Willens) is a 1935 Nazi propaganda film directed, produced, edited, and co-written by Leni Riefenstahl. It chronicles the 1934 Nazi Party Congress in Nuremberg, which was attended by more than 700,000 Nazi supporters.[1] The film contains excerpts from speeches given by Nazi leaders at the Congress, including Adolf Hitler, Rudolf Hess and Julius Streicher, interspersed with footage of massed Sturmabteilung (SA) and Schutzstaffel (SS) troops and public reaction. Hitler commissioned the film and served as an unofficial executive producer; his name appears in the opening titles. The film's overriding theme is the return of Germany as a great power, with Hitler as the leader who will bring glory to the nation. Because the film was made after the 1934 Night of the Long Knives (on 30 June), many prominent Sturmabteilung (SA) members are absent—they were murdered in that Party purge, organised and orchestrated by Hitler to replace the SA with the Schutzstaffel (SS) as his main paramilitary force.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_of_the_Will

When studying Film, it was impressed on students that, a Film can be an important tool in a political movement. It can change public thinking, for better or worse.

The Hunt may spawn change, if it's as popular as "V" was.

[Image: 9fbcace3190588fc9cf58abd7488023e.jpg]

V for Vendetta is a 2006 dystopian political thriller action film directed by James McTeigue and written by the Wachowskis,[b] based on the 1988 DC/Vertigo Comics limited series of the same name by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. Set in an alternative future where a Nordic supremacist and neo-fascist totalitarian regime has subjugated the United Kingdom, the film centers on V (portrayed by Hugo Weaving), an anarchist and masked freedom fighter who attempts to ignite a revolution through elaborate terrorist acts, while Natalie Portman plays Evey, a young, working-class woman caught up in V's mission and Stephen Rea portrays a detective leading a desperate quest to stop V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta_(film)

[Image: 315px-Protest_ACTA_2012-02-11_-_Toulouse..._scarf.jpg]

Guy Fawkes masks found in the film, are now a popular symbol of anarchy through out the world.

Guy Fawkes mask

A protester wearing a Guy Fawkes mask
The Guy Fawkes mask is a stylised depiction of Guy Fawkes, the best-known member of the Gunpowder Plot. The plot was an attempt to blow up the House of Lords in London on 5 November 1605, in order to restore a Catholic head of state. The use of a mask on an effigy has long roots as part of Guy Fawkes Night celebrations.
A stylised portrayal of a face with a smile and red cheeks, a wide moustache upturned at both ends, and a thin vertical pointed beard, designed by illustrator David Lloyd, came to represent broader protest after it was used as a major plot element in V for Vendetta, published from 1982-1989, and its 2005 film adaptation. After appearing in Web forums, the mask became a well-known symbol for the online hacktivist group Anonymous, used in Project Chanology, the Occupy movement, Anonymous for the Voiceless, and other anti-government and anti-establishment protests around the world. This has led to the popular name Anonymous mask.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mas

@PickleSnout  @Deplorably-Nameless  @TheOrderofChaos
I have to admit, I do like V for vendetta.
Here for me the killing is not for killings sake, but to further a purpose I share as core moral principals - freedom, and removing corruption.
The deep disconnect I have is the hunt movie and the portrayal of entitlement as that one on one, rather than at a government level. There are those who get off on the thought of killing another, and I feel the movie will be pandering to that lust even more than making a social statement.
Same with the Purge movies.
Heartflowers
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 01:45 PM)PickleSnout Wrote:
Max Gravity Wrote:
I have to admit, I do like V for vendetta.
Here for me the killing is not for killings sake, but to further a purpose I share as core moral principals - freedom, and removing corruption.
The deep disconnect I have is the hunt movie and the portrayal of entitlement as that one on one, rather [than at a government level. There are those who get off on the thought of killing another, and I feel the movie will be pandering to that lust even more than making a social statement.
Same with the Purge movies.

Social media is flowing with people who hate Trump, and want any who support him to be exterminated.  The Project Veritas exposure of Sander's operatives, just scratches the surface.

The kiddies want blood. They are willing to let gropes like AntiFa do their dirty work. I lived in SF when Ayers - Dohrn and Co. bombed the Park Police Station.

These people are still in power. They put their friend Obama in the WH. Trump is in their way..

[Image: 5be201751f00000a0525a6f6.jpeg?ops=scalef..._noupscale]

San Francisco Police Take Aim At Bill Ayers And Bernardine Dohrn For 1970 Bombing
Demian Bulwa San Francisco Chronicle

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/san-franc...e_n_174278

Snip
Weather Underground was a domestic terror group responsible for bombings of the United States Capitol, the Pentagon, and several police stations in New York, as well as the Greenwich Village townhouse explosion that killed three of its members.[1] As a leader of the Weather Underground, Dohrn helped to create a "Declaration of a State of War" against the United States government and was placed on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list, where she remained for three years. After coming out of hiding, Dohrn pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges of aggravated battery and bail jumping and was later jailed for contempt of court.
From 1991 to 2013, Dohrn was a Clinical Associate Professor of Law at the Children and Family Justice Center at Northwestern University School of Law. She is married to Bill Ayers, a co-founder of the Weather Underground.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardine_Dohrn

@Deplorably-Nameless

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, John, Lil Bit, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
The Hunt cost $14M to make ($18M?).

First day's box office was $2.654M world wide.

Released in 3,000+ Theatres.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1459979777/

Projected BO for the weekend..
https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box...l-believe/

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Hunt-T...ab=summary

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
If it was "The Hunt" where rich deplorables hunted down Antifa the left and MSM would be screaming bloody murder.......
You better start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner, because you are in one....
[-] Liked by:
  • John, Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
(03-14-2020, 03:13 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: If it was "The Hunt" where rich deplorables hunted down Antifa the left and MSM would be screaming bloody murder.......

That would be a documentary film, not a Feature..

V6sRZf4

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Heir, John, Lil Bit, Sami, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
I've watched the Sept. trailer a number of times. It's full of subtlety. The production cost per minute of a trailer, like any high end TV spot is, 100 X the cost of a feature film. Millions are spent on Focus Groups and other Psych/Sociological studies. Scenes are added or removed on the basis of Focus Group scores.

My cine work experience, save one small Feature Film, is entirely in TV spots..advertising.

There's lots of stuff in that original trailer. I'll continue to watch it as my time and psyche permit until, I think I've got all of it down.

Notice, the hand bushing over the tall grass..for the "deeply rewarding..human experience"..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=218&v=UEl6zGYvlpk&feature=emb_logo

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Heir, Lil Bit, Sami, SouthernBelle
Like Reply