Film: "The Hunt", Released Today. Rich Libs Hunt, To Kill, Deplorables.
(03-14-2020, 03:13 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: If it was "The Hunt" where rich deplorables hunted down Antifa the left and MSM would be screaming bloody murder.......

That’s why liberals were trying to stop this film...the deplorables kill the elite in this film.

The elite are the hunters at first, and then the hunted become the hunters taking out the elite.
[Image: 2ydPCrq.png] “Sometimes, you have to believe in what you can’t see in order to see past what you can.
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami, Sassy, WNC
Like Reply
(03-15-2020, 10:56 AM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:
(03-14-2020, 03:13 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: If it was "The Hunt" where rich deplorables hunted down Antifa the left and MSM would be screaming bloody murder.......

That’s why liberals were trying to stop this film...the deplorables kill  the elite in this film.

The elite are the hunters at first, and then the hunted become the hunters taking out the elite.

Also. the two main figures in the film are both women. The elite liberal women, viewed as evil. The Deplorable, assault rifle armed women, the heroine.

It fits one of the three basis themes in drama, real or portrayed..

Man (women) against man (woman).

So, it strikes home, big time.

Theaters are reporting low attendance this weekend, due to the Corona Virus thing. The film may see an early release for TV.
"Don't try to Out-Smart me, I'm in College!"

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit, Sami, Sassy, WNC
Like Reply
(03-15-2020, 11:23 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 10:56 AM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:

That’s why liberals were trying to stop this film...the deplorables kill  the elite in this film.

Also. the two main figures in the film are both women. The elite liberal women, viewed as evil. The Deplorable, assault rifle armed women, the heroine.

Theaters are reporting low attendance this weekend, due to the Corona Virus thing. The film may see an early release for TV.

Agreed.

I want to see this film.
[Image: 2ydPCrq.png] “Sometimes, you have to believe in what you can’t see in order to see past what you can.
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, Max Gravity, Sami, Sassy, WNC
Like Reply
(03-15-2020, 11:29 AM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 11:23 AM)Max Gravity Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 10:56 AM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote: That’s why liberals were trying to stop this film...the deplorables kill  the elite in this film.

Agreed.

I want to see this film.

I'm still watching the "extended" trailer. The two short commercials at the end of the trailer were done by people who write/shoot spots. Likely the same folks who created the feature film. Many writer/directors work in both fields.

By feature film standards, it wasn't an expensive film. Big name actors, in a big feature, would eat the entire production budget up. So, i'm rooting for the film's success. I hope it does enough box office to prompt further distribution funding. Many films this size never break even or, take years to do it.

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit, Sassy
Like Reply
Snip
The Hunt updates one of the oldest story ideas out there – hunting humans for sport. But it adds a quirky modern twist. The people being hunted were baaaad boys and girls on Twitter. So did they deserve it?
We start off in a plane. A nice plane. First class.

Then, out of nowhere, a man stumbles up from the coach section, mumbling like an insane person. The first class occupants slaughter him dead. Who the heck was that and why did they just kill him? The Hunt asks that question a lot. No, I’m talking literally here. Every other sentence is, “What just happened?? Who was that?? What’s going on??”

Cut to the middle of a field. Ten rednecks awaken. They’re all gagged. The only thing they see besides each other is a giant crate. The leader, our hero (we’re literally told she’s our hero), Daisy, moves towards the crate to see what’s inside. BUT THEN HER HEAD IS BLOWN OPEN! Turns out she’s not our hero. The rednecks scatter! It doesn’t take them long to realize that they’re being hunted.

Snip
Mom and Pop then get a call that one of the hicks, “Crystal,” is on her way there. “She’s not armed. Have a little fun with her.” Except Crystal doesn’t run in and start freaking out. She casually walks up to the counter and orders a pack of cigarettes. Mom and Pop look at each other. Uhhhh… they’ve never seen this before. Crystal is cool as a cucumber. After paying for the cigs, Crystal leaps over the counter and brutally kills both of them. Crystal is the wrong hick to have brought to the hunt.

https://scriptshadow.net/screenplay-review-the-hunt/

@Deplorably-Nameless

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, Sassy
Like Reply
[Image: The-Hunt-FI.png]

https://thescriptlab.com/features/screen...nick-cuse/

@Deplorably-Nameless

In listening to the interview, Nick is a very "Hollywood" guy. But, I question his political leaning. The message he and the co-writer deliver, will surely back fire on him in some Red State venues. But, that seems really obvious. So, I again wonder about his politics and ultimate intent.

He continues with the "joke" theme and, Trump is mentioned. I'm interested in what you get out of the interview..

M

Edit
This older piece is worth a look
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen...nt/596008/

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit
Like Reply
[Image: 1-1024x617.jpg]

[Image: 6.png]

https://districtherald.com/the-hunt-scri...-spoilers/

Screenplay
https://www.scribd.com/document/42144119...-Nick-Cuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=qxs4P6u1EiI&feature=emb_logo

[Image: 11hunt-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit
Like Reply
Just heard a news story regarding the closing of movie theaters, because of the virus.

The story said, many studios were quickly moving their films to TV to recover profits.

@Deplorably-Nameless

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Lil Bit
Like Reply
Just a Topical Note from another Thread about the Movie BIZ :

[Image: OdyDJHd.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Max Gravity
Like Reply
[Image: hero_the-hunt-movie-review-2020.jpg]
[Image: large_hunt-poster.jpg]

The Hunt (2020)

|  Monica Castillo
March 13, 2020   |   112
Print Page

Craig Zobel’s “The Hunt” is filled with more memes than plot. The incendiary film, which caused much online handwringing last fall, was eventually shelved after the president weighed in with an uninformed opinion. Almost everybody’s opinion came sight unseen because few eyes had even watched “The Hunt” at all. No matter, after much sound and fury the movie is more of a molehill than a mountain. Betty Gilpin deserves better and so do we. 
The film opens on a bombastic overture and a stiltedly staged group text that will retroactively become important. We are then whisked onto a luxury jet where the liberal rich are feted and random poor conservatives from different parts of the country have been drugged and tucked out-of-sight in the back of the plane. The next scene opens on the kidnapped victims waking up gagged and heading towards a mysterious box in a field, like the cornucopia from “The Hunger Games.” Once their restraints are off and the shooting begins, the most dangerous game’s afoot. 

Snip
Apart from Gilpin, the movie falls apart. The villains in this story are liberal elites lead by a woman named Athena (Hilary Swank) who have a preposterous social media backstory fueled by a conspiracy theory known as Manorgate. It’s one of the many borrowed and tweaked headlines used in “The Hunt,” which despite all its copy and pasting of popular terms and internet slurs, doesn’t add up to anything beyond its superficial violence. Written by Nick Cuse and Damon Lindelof, “The Hunt” proves how “both-siderism” doesn’t always logically pan out. How could a pack of liberals easily upset by the sugar in soda, climate change and gendered language turn to kill for sport? Instead, the movie plays into the conspiracy fears about crisis actors and theories that rich liberal elites are out to kill them, and that is where things get less funny. 

Zobel, Cuse and Lindelof made a movie to own the libs and the conservatives, which might be the most capitalist (or nihilist) attitude towards politics yet. The unoriginality of “The Hunt” extends to its cinematography, which Darran Tiernan paints with one shade of grey and maroon bloodstains, its unremarkable production design by Matthew Munn, and its stereotype-reaffirming wardrobe from costume designer David Tabbert. The movie is both disposable in its inability to say something—anything!—about the current political climate beyond “Oh, it’s dicey out there,” and as a strange cultural artifact of the times. It’s just as likely that this movie would have flown in and out of theaters without much notice were it not for its momentary blip on social media. Perhaps there’s more of a lesson to be learned from “The Hunt” than what happens in “The Hunt.”

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-h...eview-2020

(Max's review of Monica. Her politics were obviously troubled by the film. My comments are the bold type and snide remarks.)

Monica Castillo is a freelance writer and University of Southern California Annenberg graduate film critic fellow. Although she originally went to Boston University for biochemistry and molecular biology (Failed Biochemistry?) before landing in the sociology department, she went on to review films for The Boston Phoenix, WBUR, Dig Boston, The Boston Globe, and co-hosted the podcast “Cinema Fix.” After a stint as an Entertainment Reporter for International Business Times, she’s back to freelancing for RogerEbert.com, NPR, Village Voice, Tribeca Film, Paste Magazine, Remezcla, among others. She is a member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Women Film Critics Circle, and served as a co-chair of the Boston Online Film Critics Association. Monica has traveled to a few film festivals, met a couple of living legends, and has some great stories about hitchhiking to red carpet premieres. She can usually be found online talking about the film she just watched.

https://www.rogerebert.com/contributors/monica-castillo

https://twitter.com/mcastimovies?lang=en

@Deplorably-Nameless

--an Area 51 Raider
Like Reply