Earthquakes -
Pulling this over from the Tribulation thread so we can keep watch

Capnron Wrote:[/url]
(03-18-2020, 12:58 PM)WhiteAngel Wrote: Wrote:Maybe it is be beginning of the Tribulation.......what is happening now is horrible.  

Magnitude 5.6
Region WASATCH FRONT URBAN AREA, UTAH

Date time 2020-03-18 13:09:31.5 UTC
Location 40.74 N ; 112.08 W
Depth 8
[[url=https://www.godlikeproductions.com/external?https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emsc-csem.org%2FEarthquake%2Fearthquake.php%3Fid%3D839471]link to www.emsc-csem.org (secure)
]

EDIT: USGS LISTS AS 5.7 (downgraded to 4.7 which is BS)

Magnitude 5.7 - 6km NNE of Magna, Utah
2020-03-18 13:09:31 (UTC)
40.752°N 112.078°W
10.6 km depth
[link to earthquake.usgs.gov (secure)]

And though this is a natural event, stilllllllll
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1240299700143763457

World Markets are crashing
DOW
19,224.60 -2012.78    -9.48%

Coronavirus could kill millions and no one knows anything for sure and the fear and panic are causing panic buying in all stores which in turn is straining the food supply.

National Guard being put in place and those with a brain know why.
There’s been a lot of earthquakes all over the world about that size in the last eight days. Every time we have a comet or large asteroid out there I’ve noticed that seismic activity ramps up. There’s a small comet right now but I wonder if something bigger is out there.
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 01:38 AM)WhiteAngel Wrote: There’s been a lot of earthquakes all over the world about that size in the last eight days. Every time we have a comet or large asteroid out there I’ve noticed that seismic activity ramps up. There’s a small comet right now but I wonder if something bigger is out there.

Typically, EQ's come ~36-48 hours after coronal holes have faced Earth and the solar wind reaches our planet.
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)RedAuroras Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:38 AM)WhiteAngel Wrote: There’s been a lot of earthquakes all over the world about that size in the last eight days. Every time we have a comet or large asteroid out there I’ve noticed that seismic activity ramps up. There’s a small comet right now but I wonder if something bigger is out there.

Typically, EQ's come ~36-48 hours after coronal holes have faced Earth and the solar wind reaches our planet.
Plus there have been several near earth objects (NEO's) flying by.  Every time, there are a few larger quakes that pop off
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, RedAuroras, Wing-ed
Like Reply
Isn’t Salt Lake City on the outer edge of the / caldera?[Image: jptQzVY.jpg]
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Gold Mule, Lil Bit, PickleSnout, RedAuroras, WhiteAngel
(03-20-2020, 03:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Isn’t Salt Lake City on the outer edge of the / caldera?[Image: jptQzVY.jpg]

That's what I thought of immediately after that shaker in Utah. SLC's a ways from Yellowstone. Just depends on how large the rim extends. The thing that had me smh was the depths of the aftershocks. Anywhere from 10km up to 1.6(?)km.
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
RedAuroras Wrote:
Guest Wrote:Isn’t Salt Lake City on the outer edge of the / caldera?[Image: jptQzVY.jpg]

That's what I thought of immediately after that shaker in Utah. SLC's a ways from Yellowstone. Just depends on how large the rim extends. The thing that had me smh was the depths of the aftershocks. Anywhere from 10km up to 1.6(?)km.
Well, large vertical travel like that kinda tells me magma moving up a dike.
Don't laugh, it's a thing!

I also heard when they are not sure of a depth, 10km is a default.
Heartflowers
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, RedAuroras, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 06:16 PM)PickleSnout Wrote: Well, large vertical travel like that kinda tells me magma moving up a dike.
Don't laugh, it's a thing!

I also heard when they are not sure of a depth, 10km is a default.

Chuckle I don't know anything about default depths. But we're on the same page IRT magma moving. TBH, I'm not that concerned about anything smaller than M6.0. In this case, it'd be nice to know if it was a side-slip or vertical slip.
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, PickleSnout, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
4.5-magnitude quake in Nevada shakes Sacramento, Truckee and South Lake Tahoe

Read more here: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/californi...rylink=cpy
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, RedAuroras, USARockhound, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Might feel even more ..... 

NASA Spots 4 Asteroids Headed For Earth This Weekend
*snip
Trailing behind 2020 FK is an asteroid known as 2020 FS. This space rock is currently flying towards Earth at a speed of about 9,600 miles per hour. CNEOS estimated that this asteroid measures around 56 feet wide.

Both 2020 FK and 2020 FS will visit Earth’s vicinity on Saturday. 2020 FK is expected to approach the planet on March 21 at 12:05 a.m. EDT from a distance of about 0.00909 astronomical units or around 845,000 miles away.

*snip
2020 DP4 will fly past Earth on March 22 at 2:34 p.m. EDT from a distance of about 0.00903 astronomical units or 840,000 miles away. As for 2020 FF1, this asteroid will approach from a much closer distance on March 22 at 6:09 p.m. EDT. According to CNEOS, this asteroid will zip past the planet from a distance of only 0.00477 astronomical units or 443,000 miles away.

[link to www.ibtimes.com (secure)]
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, Skyrison
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 10:05 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: 4.5-magnitude quake in Nevada shakes Sacramento, Truckee and South Lake Tahoe

Read more here: https://www.fresnobee.com/news/californi...rylink=cpy
When it first popped it was a 5.0 but USGS downgraded - as usual
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, PickleSnout, Suzy Q
Like Reply