Earthquakes -
https://twitter.com/LaurenDayNews/status...5854962688
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Gold Mule, John, Lil Bit, Skyrison
Like Reply
@DrLucyJones
This Russian quake is not the type that usually produces a tsunami. It is deeper and smaller than the quakes that have made big trans-Pacific tsunamis.

[link to twitter.com (secure)]

@CPPGeophysics
M7.6 earthquake near the Kuril Islands appears to be a deep (~50 km) compressional bending event in the outer rise, where the subducting slab bends before it dives into the mantle, which reduces the likelihood of a significant tsunami

[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Gold Mule, John, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, PickleSnout, RedAuroras
Like Reply
(03-25-2020, 12:01 AM)WhiteAngel Wrote: @DrLucyJones
This Russian quake is not the type that usually produces a tsunami. It is deeper and smaller than the quakes that have made big trans-Pacific tsunamis.

@CPPGeophysics
M7.6 earthquake near the Kuril Islands appears to be a deep (~50 km) compressional bending event in the outer rise, where the subducting slab bends before it dives into the mantle, which reduces the likelihood of a significant tsunami

Deep in a very big rift
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-24-2020, 10:44 PM)Lil Bit Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:35 PM)WhiteAngel Wrote: One buoy active now

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

Keep Trackin Kid!!!  Heartflowers

I tryin to call Japan now. My Dad.

Hope you're able to get through to him!

Obviously, tsunamis are no joke. The Navy gave me too much time off once in Kodiak and I took a walk through their museum. There was a wall of pictures, newspapers, etc. documenting tsunami damage as a result of the 1964 M9.2 quake.

I don't know how high it was when it hit the island. One pilot's recounting of that day states one of the waves being 30'-35' above normal.
http://www.kadiak.org/tsunami/tsunami.html
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, John, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
@Whiteangel I'm pretty sure it was @Aquarius that thanked you for starting this thread. May I second that?!
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Martini and Cigar, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-25-2020, 04:40 AM)RedAuroras Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:44 PM)Lil Bit Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:35 PM)WhiteAngel Wrote: One buoy active now

https://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

Keep Trackin Kid!!!  Heartflowers

I tryin to call Japan now. My Dad.

Hope you're able to get through to him!

Obviously, tsunamis are no joke. The Navy gave me too much time off once in Kodiak and I took a walk through their museum. There was a wall of pictures, newspapers, etc. documenting tsunami damage as a result of the 1964 M9.2 quake.

I don't know how high it was when it hit the island. One pilot's recounting of that day states one of the waves being 30'-35' above normal.
http://www.kadiak.org/tsunami/tsunami.html

Yep. All good Heartflowers
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, FlyoverCountry, Martini and Cigar, Oldcynic, RedAuroras, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-24-2020, 10:35 PM)mountain man Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:26 PM)mountain man Wrote: LOL you beat me too it.

Lmao

I really need to quit using firefox, I can't see images or tweets.  It's not just on this website either.
Turn off enhanced tracking, top tool bar left end, looks like a blue shield.
I'll be dog gone if that didn't fix it.  I work in tech support but I couldn't figure this out.

Facepalm
I learned that right here at BTF! Cheer
My mind, a field of battles, struggles for peace in a tight place.
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-20-2020, 02:16 PM)WhiteAngel Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 10:41 AM)RedAuroras Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 01:38 AM)WhiteAngel Wrote: There’s been a lot of earthquakes all over the world about that size in the last eight days. Every time we have a comet or large asteroid out there I’ve noticed that seismic activity ramps up. There’s a small comet right now but I wonder if something bigger is out there.

Typically, EQ's come ~36-48 hours after coronal holes have faced Earth and the solar wind reaches our planet.
Plus there have been several near earth objects (NEO's) flying by.  Every time, there are a few larger quakes that pop off
a few days ago, there were some near earth fly bys by small asteroids.
- I choose to reject modern society and the false song of Globalism! -
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(03-25-2020, 07:30 AM)Oldcynic Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:35 PM)mountain man Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 10:33 PM)Oldcynic Wrote: Turn off enhanced tracking, top tool bar left end, looks like a blue shield.
I'll be dog gone if that didn't fix it.  I work in tech support but I couldn't figure this out.

Facepalm
I learned that right here at BTF! Cheer

FOR FIREFOX go to your security settings and change it to "STANDARD" and then you can see the posts, it is blocking them, I did that and MINE works just fine ever since!
@ mountain man
[-] Liked by:
  • Aquarius, Lil Bit, Oldcynic, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
This may be OT but, the Russians are famous for boring very deep holes for exploration.

I don't know if, they ever detonate "things" placed deep in the ground?

Snip
In the 1970s the Soviet Union drilled a set of cores 500–952 metres (1,640–3,123 ft) deep. These have been used to study the oxygen isotope composition of the ice, which showed that ice of the last glacial period was present below about 400 metres' depth. Then three more holes were drilled: in 1984, Hole 3G reached a final depth of 2202 m; in 1990, Hole 4G reached a final depth of 2546 m; and in 1993 Hole 5G reached a depth of 2755 m; after a brief closure, drilling continued during the winter of 1995. In 1996 it was stopped at depth 3623 m, by the request of the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research that expressed worries about possible contamination of Lake Vostok. This ice core, drilled collaboratively with the French, produced a record of past environmental conditions stretching back 420,000 years and covering four previous glacial periods. For a long time it was the only core to cover several glacial cycles; but in 2004 it was exceeded by the EPICA core, which, whilst shallower, covers a longer time span. In 2003 drilling was permitted to continue, but was halted at the estimated distance to the lake of only 130 m.
The ancient lake was finally breached on 5 February 2012 when scientists stopped drilling at the depth of 3,770 metres and reached the surface of the sub-glacial lake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_Station

@RedAuroras

When you mention Coronal Holes, are you assuming a CME ?
"Don't try to Out-Smart me, I'm in College!"

--an Area 51 Raider
[-] Liked by:
  • Lil Bit, RedAuroras, WhiteAngel
Like Reply