How many do you know personally have got the Corona virus?
(03-26-2020, 02:56 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: I personally know one person (my sister-in-law, with whom I do not regularly socialize) who tested positive. Her husband still tests negative. She acquired it from her cancer doctor, who works in a very active clinic. Yay.

I hate to ask this first question...so if I offend let me know.

Is she a liberal?

And how is she doing? Symptom wise.

I work in the medical field and what I do touches a lot of the clinics in Texas...I have yet to hear of a clinic in my wheelhouse that is reporting anyone with CV.

An ER surgeon I know told me she does work for a Galveston hospital and they have a reported case there, but she has not actually seen the patient.
Heartflowers
[Image: 2ydPCrq.png] “Sometimes, you have to believe in what you can’t see in order to see past what you can.
[-] Liked by:
  • Kamchatka, Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(03-26-2020, 02:56 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: I personally know one person (my sister-in-law, with whom I do not regularly socialize) who tested positive. Her husband still tests negative. She acquired it from her cancer doctor, who works in a very active clinic. Yay.

Does your S-I-L have cancer? My condolences to her if she does. Is she going to take the hydroxychloroquine? There are reports that it stops some cancers in its tracks. I would like to hear how she does with her China virus and any effects on the cancer.

TIA Heartflowers
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
(work around for ad blocker and paid news sites)
https://outline.com/
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Kamchatka, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(03-26-2020, 08:51 AM)SlowLoris Wrote: I posted this in the pinned thread, but I will put it here also.

I have a question and an observation.

After a quick search for:

What is the most common complication of the flu?

What Are the Most Common Complications? They include viral or bacterial pneumonia, dehydration, and ear infections and sinus infections, especially in children. The flu can worsen long-term medical conditions, like congestive heart failure, asthma, or diabetes.

If pneumonia is the most common complication of the seasonal flu and logically necessitating use of ventilators and respirators and the numbers of deaths from the flu in a year equal 50,000, even if only one half of those being from pneumonia,  why are medical facilities overwhelmed by the relatively lower numbers of china flu patients?

Or am I missing something here?

^THIS
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, Oldcynic, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(03-26-2020, 03:32 PM)Deplorably-Nameless Wrote:

I hate to ask this first question...so if I offend let me know.

Is she a liberal?

And how is she doing?  Symptom wise.

I work in the medical field and what I do touches a lot of the clinics in Texas...I have yet to hear of a clinic in my wheelhouse that is reporting anyone with CV.

An ER surgeon I know told me she does work for a Galveston hospital and they have a reported case there, but she has not actually seen the patient. 
Heartflowers

Yes, she's an Obama (as opposed to Bernie) liberal and doesn't care to associate with constitutionalist libertarians. Apparently, she has no symptoms at this point and I certainly don't wish her any more troubles. She's had a rough time with breast cancer over the last few years.  But I probably haven't had a meaningful conversation with her in more than 10 years. So, there you have it.  Oh, and no offense taken in the slightest!

Heartflowers
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
[-] Liked by:
  • Deplorably-Nameless, FlyoverCountry, John, MysticPizza, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(03-26-2020, 05:22 PM)SlowLoris Wrote:

Does your S-I-L have cancer? My condolences to her if she does. Is she going to take the hydroxychloroquine? There are reports that it stops some cancers in its tracks. I would like to hear how she does with her China virus and any effects on the cancer.

TIA Heartflowers

She's had a rough time with an aggressive breast cancer and is in somewhat precarious remission. Anything I hear will be filtered down through several non-medical layers, but I'll certainly let you know. 

You're welcome Heartflowers
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
[-] Liked by:
  • Echo, Goldilocks, MysticPizza, SlowLoris
Like Reply
My father works for a major factory in Ontario, which recently shut down after having multiple confirmed cases in the plant.

He knew 2, thou not well.
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, John, MysticPizza, Oldcynic, Pope Trollalittle, SlowLoris
Like Reply
Wife works at our small town hospital, we have them.
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Goldilocks, John, MysticPizza, Pope Trollalittle, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I'll tell in truth. I've been ill for near two weeks. Weak, can't move around much. I closed the doors. Laid off, going to miss that income until I'm well enough to correct it. Being laid off is a first and I have never been fired. I must take care of my Babydolls assets. It's all for you Ladies. You girls have always been with us.
Like Reply
One of our friends in Italy died on Tuesday :/
[-] Liked by:
  • Echo, John, Kamchatka, MeaCulpa, MysticPizza, Pope Trollalittle, Sami, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(03-26-2020, 09:20 PM)Goldilocks Wrote: One of our friends in Italy died on Tuesday :/
Sorry.

I fear we will all lose people close to us.
Soon.
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Kamchatka, MeaCulpa, Pope Trollalittle, Sami, SlowLoris
Like Reply