What’s for dinner? 2.0
(02-23-2021, 10:47 PM)Lil Bit Wrote: Once made for how long will the dressing keep @Lil Bit @~Leela~I'm finishing off my shepherds pie tonight, having it with some asparagus. 
I've got a green cabbage to use up quickly, was wondering about recipes, it looks like it is going to have to be a soup. 
https://www.cookingclassy.com/cabbage-soup/

I do like stuffed cabbage leaves, haven't cooked those for decades. I used to put a meat sauce in inside them. 

Any fun recipes for cabbage leaves? I've got some filo pastry I could make some spring rolls.

I've got rice paper too. 

Heartflowers

@ELIAKIM  3-5 days in refrigerator. Heartflowers
Easy peasy cabbage roll recipe.  Make them then freeze them and stew in a tomato sauce. 
Cabbage leaves, washed and the bottom part of the spine cut out like a v shape.  Browned ground beef (or chicken or turkey or even tofu if that is how you roll) sauerkraut....a must. Drained cottage cheese.  Mix that all together in a bowl.  (Add some celery seeds)
Steam your cabbage leaves (three are a time) for about 6 minutes.  Until they are pliable.  One heaping Tablespoon per leaf, roll/fold and either immediately stew in your tomato based sauce or freeze them for later.   For sauce, I do canned maters in a blender with fennel and celery seeds.  Salt pepper to taste.  Garlic to taste.  Sometimes sauteed onions after the puree.  Throw some feta in it to melt (grandmother used heavy cream...I like the sharpness of goat cheese)  stew for 15 min or so and plate it up.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 3 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • Debauchery, ELIAKIM, Lil Bit
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 12:26 AM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:47 PM)Lil Bit Wrote: Once made for how long will the dressing keep @Lil Bit @~Leela~I'm finishing off my shepherds pie tonight, having it with some asparagus. 
I've got a green cabbage to use up quickly, was wondering about recipes, it looks like it is going to have to be a soup. 
https://www.cookingclassy.com/cabbage-soup/

I do like stuffed cabbage leaves, haven't cooked those for decades. I used to put a meat sauce in inside them. 

Any fun recipes for cabbage leaves? I've got some filo pastry I could make some spring rolls.

I've got rice paper too. 

Heartflowers

@ELIAKIM  3-5 days in refrigerator. Heartflowers
Easy peasy cabbage roll recipe.  Make them then freeze them and stew in a tomato sauce. 
Cabbage leaves, washed and the bottom part of the spine cut out like a v shape.  Browned ground beef (or chicken or turkey or even tofu if that is how you roll) sauerkraut....a must.  Drained cottage cheese.  Mix that all together in a bowl.  (Add some celery seeds)
Steam your cabbage leaves (three are a time) for about 6 minutes.  Until they are pliable.  One heaping Tablespoon per leaf, roll/fold and either immediately stew in your tomato based sauce or freeze them for later.   For sauce, I do canned maters in a blender with fennel and celery seeds.  Salt pepper to taste.  Garlic to taste.  Sometimes sauteed onions after the puree.  Throw some feta in it to melt (grandmother used heavy cream...I like the sharpness of goat cheese)  stew for 15 min or so and plate it up.
Glad you are back. @Pure Rock Fury, FETA is better for bones, no yeast, just goats milk. 

@Lil Bit I found some SQUID brand, large bottle of "fish sauce" (on label)  in the supermarket, and wondered what dishes you might use it in, combined with what ingredients, it has a very strong flavour.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 3 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Debauchery, Lil Bit, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 12:13 AM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 08:36 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: Boars Head Cajun turkey,  provolone grilled in real cream butter.  A little Italian dressing for that extra boost of flavor. 

Cheer

[Image: gWZsMpx.jpg]

My pancreas is crying out for that as a dare.  Lol.  The butter.  So much butter.  Damn, I miss butter already.
I know you're a huge foodie.  The irony of a guy like me that doesn't really like to cook being able to eat anything vs a guy like you that loves to cook and eat but has to be careful just isn't fair

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, Debauchery, ELIAKIM, Pure Rock Fury, ~mc~
Like Reply
Pork Rinds (Chicharrones) and Beer tonight.....
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 5 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, Pure Rock Fury, ~mc~
Like Reply
Alfredo Sauce is simple, but keep the heat medium or it will burn.....

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese (do not use packaged)
1 clove of garlic crushed and chopped
1 large bunch of Parsley finely chopped (reserve 1 small handful for garnish)
1 tsp salt
Ground Black pepper

On medium heat melt butter and add heavy cream.
Bring to a simmer, add salt and pepper.
Add garlic.
Continue to simmer for 6-8 minutes
Add Parmesan cheese slowly whisking into cream mixture.
At this point it should have the consistency of thin batter.
Add parsley...

Serve over Linguini Pasta or Baked Chicken Breasts or believe it or not, a baked Fish Fillet.......
[-] The following 5 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, Pure Rock Fury, ~mc~
Like Reply
Beef stew and some homemade bread.

It was delish.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
[-] The following 4 users Like Debauchery's post:
  • Apache54, ELIAKIM, Pure Rock Fury, ~mc~
Like Reply
(03-04-2021, 01:43 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: Alfredo Sauce is simple, but keep the heat medium or it will burn.....

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese (do not use packaged)
1 clove of garlic crushed and chopped
1 large bunch of Parsley finely chopped (reserve 1 small handful for garnish)
1 tsp salt
Ground Black pepper

On medium heat melt butter and add heavy cream.
Bring to a simmer, add salt and pepper.
Add garlic.
Continue to simmer for 6-8 minutes
Add Parmesan cheese slowly whisking into cream mixture.
At this point it should have the consistency of thin batter.
Add parsley...

Serve over Linguini Pasta or Baked Chicken Breasts or believe it or not, a baked Fish Fillet.......
saved.. thank you!
[Image: VjBFBTJ.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like ~mc~'s post:
  • Apache54, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
1dunno1  What I fancy today. Although I still have some avocado's to eat up. Finish off the marinated herrings. Made some potato salad last night with left over green beans and fresh spring onions. Greek yogurt with cucumber and mint. Red pepper humous, chilli coleslaw, mandarins. Plenty to choose from, it will definitely be a salad. 

Banana, kiwi and ice cream, maybe. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 4 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Apache54, Debauchery, Pure Rock Fury, ~mc~
Like Reply
Went fishing this morning down to the river below my house - 6 nice catfish !
Cat got to play in the water and caught a small bream
which he promptly ate.
BTW - Cat is 14 years old and loves to swim and fish !
He is a very handsome cat and is very sure of his skills - he gets everything he catches (sometimes he catches stuff when I don't)

Looks like fried catfish with hushpuppies and home made Menage Sauce.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Apache54, FlyoverCountry
Like Reply
Smoking this roast and will finish it in the slow cooker with Sweet Baby Ray's 

[Image: AT5xXfg.jpg]

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Heir, rikster111, ~mc~
Like Reply