What’s for dinner? 2.0
(04-03-2021, 08:27 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote: Yeah. Why wrap it up in a flour tortilla?

Relleno = Eat on the run food . Not everyone has time to sit down and eat .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 3 users Like Heir's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Cedar, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
My preferred way to cook a steak (if I don't use the grill). I usually go for a thick T-Bone or Rib Eye (thin steaks will over cook quick).
Get a 12" Cast Iron Skillet (you can do 2 steaks) ripping hot. Add some neutral oil like Grapeseed (about a tablespoon) and place steaks in for 2 minutes then flip.
Meanwhile put your oven broiler on low and put the rack at its highest point (4" to 6" below broiler) and preheat oven.
As soon as you do that flip, put the steak in the oven for 4 minutes (rare), 6 minutes (med rare) or 8 minutes (well done).
Works every time....
This is when you don't want to use the grill.
Keep in mind, every oven is different as far as temps and heat so experiment a little with thick cut pork chops before you do the expensive steak to get your times down.
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 3 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Cedar, FlyoverCountry, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
More Stifado to eat up with Greek potatoes cooked in lemon. 

I put a bit too much red wine vinegar in yesterday. I got a little bit carried away I did, finishing off the bottle.  Eyeroll

I've got enough Stifado for another two meals, that will go in the freezer for another day. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Cedar
Like Reply
(04-03-2021, 05:43 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: Ox tails. Very well seasoned and served on rice w/carrots and stewed tomatoes. Collard greens,biscuits and cornbread.
My room mate knocked it out of the park  Cheer  She always does when her boyfriend comes over. Never had ox tails before but I'm a fan now.
Only one thing, got to cook them longer to loosen the meat from the bone.
Oxtail is fantastic. It used to be a really cheap portion of the beef, but hipsters made it trendy and the price shot up. Hipsters ruin everything.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 4 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • Capslock, Cedar, ELIAKIM, MysticPizza
Like Reply
(04-06-2021, 12:02 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: FUCKING Chili dogs because I haven't had any in years and had a sudden craving for them !
Got All Beef Ballparks, home made Chili, diced Onion and Chedder Cheese
Gaaaaaah!  I miss chili dogs.  I miss just having a hot dog when I feel like it (or go to Up Dog....awesome hot dogs.).  Jealous, man.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 2 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • Cedar, Grendelmort
Like Reply
(04-07-2021, 09:34 PM)Pure Rock Fury Wrote:
(04-06-2021, 12:02 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: FUCKING Chili dogs because I haven't had any in years and had a sudden craving for them !
Got All Beef Ballparks, home made Chili, diced Onion and Chedder Cheese
Gaaaaaah!  I miss chili dogs.  I miss just having a hot dog when I feel like it (or go to Up Dog....awesome hot dogs.).  Jealous, man.
Back about 20 years ago Sonic had the best Chili Cheese Dogs ever (foot longs) !
Now they suck just like the rest of the Fast Food joints....
Gunpowder smoke behind the Dogwood trees
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Cedar, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
Fried pork chops,pinto beans ,greens and biscuits.
Ya'll don't even know how wonderful it is to be with someone who not only likes the same foods you do but loves the way you cook them Cheer
I don't even know how to act. (except cook moar!!)
"There's a lot goin ' on" ~ Axl Rose
[-] The following 3 users Like MysticPizza's post:
  • Cedar, ELIAKIM, Heir
Like Reply
I'm currently making fresh pico which is always in the fridge. I incorporate additional veg than the norm. 

I am also prepping (whether tonight, probably tomorrow ( dough ) to create a low cholesterol stromboli. Yeah yeah, I know.  We will see if the upper half is light and satisfying. I may just stretch it to a backing with soda and let it lift for an attempt for quality bread to vegan. I'd rather go the meat (fake with herbs) fold over with the sauces pored over.

Right know though, I want to eat the ass end out of a cow. Though, I can't. I would sweet talk a pig to my knife at this moment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Arkan_Ted's post:
  • Cedar, MysticPizza, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I had an egg mayo sandwich for lunch. 

I've got asparagus, avocado and herring salad for this evening. 

Might put some chick peas in and have a little cous cous with it for a change. 

I've got white grapes for afters. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 3 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • Cedar, MysticPizza, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(04-08-2021, 11:04 AM)Arkan_Ted Wrote: I'm currently making fresh pico which is always in the fridge. I incorporate additional veg than the norm. 

I am also prepping (whether tonight, probably tomorrow ( dough ) to create a low cholesterol stromboli. Yeah yeah, I know.  We will see if the upper half is light and satisfying. I may just stretch it to a backing with soda and let it lift for an attempt for quality bread to vegan. I'd rather go the meat (fake with herbs) fold over with the sauces pored over.

Right know though, I want to eat the ass end out of a cow. Though, I can't. I would sweet talk a pig to my knife at this moment.
There is something wrong if there isn't pico or hot sauce (salsa for you white folks) in the fridge.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • Cedar, MysticPizza
Like Reply