What’s for dinner? 2.0
I'm starting to feel the Christmas Spirit, advocat was reduced to £10 today, so bought a bottle. 

Bought the first Christmas mince pies and eating two with a lovely coffee. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 5 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Gold Mule, Grendelmort, MysticPizza, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 01:10 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: I'm starting to feel the Christmas Spirit, advocat was reduced to £10 today, so bought a bottle. 

Heartflowers
I've never had mince pie but something I've always wanted to try .
Today is cleaning, tomorrow is doctor so the next two nights are leftovers and TV Dinners.
I'm cooking Thanksgiving.
Except the pie Slap I had a sweet potato emergency so made a last minute trip and got a pre made one.
She became the abyss~Nova Rockaeller
[-] The following 5 users Like MysticPizza's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry, Gold Mule, Pintaday, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 01:10 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: I'm starting to feel the Christmas Spirit, advocat was reduced to £10 today, so bought a bottle. 

Never fails, you Brits always calling things by a different name  Chuckle
Advocat is better known as Egg Nog ......
Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave ...
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Gold Mule, hannah
Like Reply
Mrs PRF has me watching the world cup with her, so am doing "Stadium food" dinner tonight.

Fish sticks w/homemade tartar sauce (the chow chow....homemade green tomato and cabbage relish...is what makes it good) mac and cheese, steak fries, and some air fried dill pickle spears. Again, 4 years ago, I never would have thought I'd jump on the air fryer bandwagon. Now I use it 3 times a week or more. I still miss pan fried and deep fat fried, but am appreciating that air fryer more and more.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 4 users Like Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry, Gold Mule, Grendelmort
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 03:30 PM)MysticPizza Wrote:

Heartflowers
I've never had mince pie but something I've always wanted to try .
Today is cleaning, tomorrow is doctor so the next two nights are leftovers and TV Dinners.
I'm cooking Thanksgiving.
Except the pie  Slap I had a sweet potato emergency so made a last minute trip and got a pre made one.
I used to make them myself when I was young and a lovely desert for Christmas. Its a puff pastry base, covered in mincemeat, covered with slices of apple carefully arranged, sprinkled with lemon juice and then a light crumble topping. It's lovely with cream or custard. I used to make a great big one in the deep pizza tin at Christmas time when  I  had guests coming.  Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • MysticPizza, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 08:45 PM)Grendelmort Wrote:

Never fails, you Brits always calling things by a different name  Chuckle
Advocat is better known as Egg Nog ......
It's Dutch. 

Advocaat /ˈædvəkɑː/ or advocatenborrel is a traditional Dutch alcoholic beverage made from eggs, sugar, and brandy.[1] 

Advocaat [ɑdvoːˈkaːt] is also the Dutch word for lawyer in the sense of solicitor. As the name of the drink, it is short for advocatenborrel, or 'lawyers' drink'. borrel is Dutch for a small alcoholic beverage (liqueur, brandy, etc. but not beer or wine) consumed slowly during a social gathering or an informal occasion where work colleagues meet for light conversation with beer and wine. According to the 1882 edition of the Woordenboek der Nederlandsche taal (Dictionary of the Dutch Language), it is "zoo genoemd als een goed smeersel voor de keel, en dus bijzonder dienstig geacht voor een advocaat, die in 't openbaar het woord moet voeren" ("so named as a good lubricant for the throat, and thus considered especially useful for a lawyer, who must speak in public").[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocaat

In England, you can also buy SNOWBALLS and that Advocaat and Lemonade. Although sometimes I put tonic water in it. My gran loved a snowball or two at Christmas time, that was really the drink she had or maybe a sip of a little sherry sometimes.  Chuckle
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • MysticPizza
Like Reply
Got the bird in a brine. Pies made, thanks to Mrs. IDR. Tomorrow turkey on the pit boss smoker that is my fault, green bean casserole, mashed taters and gravy, pineapple rice, of course stuffing all compliments of Mrs. IDR. And a baked ham. Gots lots of kids and grandkids here. The big issue is keeping the monster new dog out of everything. 5 foot high is the new norm around here. I need new cabinets with 60" high counters.  Chuckle
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like IDR's post:
  • Gold Mule, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
Loin chop cooked that balsamic way with red onion, apple, mushrooms, honey and mustard. Served with a little buttered mash and young purple broccoli. 

It was awesome, now having a glass of white wine to wash it down. 

I bought ice cream today, so will be able to have some fresh fruit and ice cream.
Like Reply
Well, since it's Thanksgiving here in the US, we're making the traditional dinner (we usually do different things, but decided on traditional this year) and all the trimmings. Only I don't care for turkey, so we're roasting a large chicken.

[Image: tIqXQVy.jpg]
If you're happy and you know it share your meds!
[-] The following 2 users Like hannah's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, JB1
Like Reply
Decided to not do normal Thanksgiving dinner, instead I grilled giant tomahawk steaks that had been marinating for 36 hours then slathered in sweet onion BBQ sauce while cooking, sauteed a bunch of giant red Argentine shrimp in a garlic butter sauce with a squirt of oj and finally a pan full of giant baked potatoes with the optional toppings of sour cream, chives, butter and sharp hoop cheese. Desert was a strawberry cake and key lime pie.

It will not be pretty when it hits the lower intestine.
Migi, Handle the defense.
[-] The following 3 users Like JB1's post:
  • Angry_Red_Man, FlyoverCountry, hannah
Like Reply