What’s for dinner? 2.0
(01-19-2023, 12:06 AM)Pintaday Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 11:58 PM)T-Dub Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 11:15 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [Image: iCRlN7f.jpg]

On sale at Dillon's.  $9.99/lb
That's cheaper than the top round roast I bought the same day.

There's just enough on that plate to piss me off. Chuckle
My though exactly. Nice appetizer but what is for supper?

I can't believe how cheap they are.

I swear I was reading not too long ago about billions of missing crabs. 1dunno1
[-] The following 2 users Like T-Dub's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Pintaday
Like Reply
Back when I was working I organized the company potlucks. My boss at the time brought this dish about 8 years ago or more. We've had it several times, and I love it. I've only made it once (Mr. Wonderful several times as he was already retired)...but I'm diving in today - after I clear all the dirty dishes. I was lazy yesterday.

Baked Zucchini & Rice
Betty Crocker – Meatless Main Dishes

[Image: GlQKRSO.jpg]

1T butter
½ cup chopped onion
2/3 cup uncooked white rice

4 cups sliced zucchini (about 5 medium)
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 large clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp. salt
Pepper – to taste

1 cup boiling water

4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1 1/3 cups shredded sharp cheese (about 5-6 oz)

==============================================================================

1. Heat oven to 350

2. In large saucepan melt butter and sauté onion until soft, add rice to coat. Add zucchini, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and boiling water. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.

3. Beat eggs, stir in grated cheese and milk; stir into zucchini mixture.

4. Pour into a greased 1 ½ qt. casserole dish. Cover and bake about 25 minutes.

5. Uncover and bake five minutes longer.

Notes:
 We use dry parsley
 I’m sure most often we use garlic powder
 We sometimes adds buttered and seasoned panko crumbs on top, but it’s fabulous without.
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE."
[-] The following 2 users Like hannah's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I took to chicken breasts out of the freezer yesterday. 

Last night I had chilli chicken and pak choi. 

Tonight I had freshly cooked chilli chicken, pak choi cooked with egg noodles in some lemon juice. 

Lots of sesame seeds, they're supposed to be good for skin. Pak Choi is full of nutrients, a nutrient packed veg. It's so easy to grow too, although it prefers spring and autumn temperatures. 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
Egg prices rose 60% in 2022. One farm group claims it’s a ‘collusive scheme’ by suppliers

High egg prices due to a 'collusive scheme' by suppliers, group claims (cnbc.com)
[-] The following 4 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • ELIAKIM, Grendelmort, IDR, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 09:38 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: Egg prices rose 60% in 2022. One farm group claims it’s a ‘collusive scheme’ by suppliers

High egg prices due to a 'collusive scheme' by suppliers, group claims (cnbc.com)
Want to make some cash ? The price of peppers of ANY type is up 100%. Jalapenos were $2.25 a lb a year ago. Now they are $4.65 a lb ! Habaneros even more....
And these are Farmers Market prices, store prices are even higher.
Grow peppers and sell them - people will buy them !
Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave ...
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I had a chop cooked in balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey, apple and red onion, on a bed of salad. 

I'm trying not to eat any bread, potatoes slowing easing into going full Keto to shed some pounds. I've shed a couple, although I did have a toasted bacon sandwich earlier today. 

Did you know there are less carbs in bread when it's toasted. 

Heartflowers

Yesterday, I had grapes, banana, dried apricots, dates and a little ice cream that was left over.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 3 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • hannah, Oldcynic, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I have a brisket in the slow cooker. Probably some kind of taters and carrots for sides. It's starting to smell good and I'm getting hungry.
Now is the time to get out of the trenches

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like IDR's post:
  • ELIAKIM, FlyoverCountry, hannah, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I had a stew for lunch, trying to eat each day before sunset for the diet. Pork chops, tomatoes, beans, sweet potato, swede, red onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary. 

However, we are hoping to go visiting tomorrow, so I'm making a Carrot Cake to take with us. 

Plus making chicken liver dog treats this evening, with swede and sweet potato. Pumpkin and sunflower seeds, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, walnuts and hazelnuts ground up, ground almond, and some herbs thrown in too. 

Heartflowers
[-] The following 2 users Like ELIAKIM's post:
  • hannah, Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply
I have some leftover beef/barley stew in the freezer that is begging to be used up. Thinking beef pot pies are in order.
“Why don’t you start speaking in words instead of your DAMN DIRTY LIES!” – Louise Belcher
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pure Rock Fury's post:
  • hannah
Like Reply
Tonight is Puttanesca (whore’s) Sauce over Angel Hair pasta with steamed broccoli and sour dough country bread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Max the Nine's post:
  • Pure Rock Fury
Like Reply