Trump to conduct first nuclear test in decades?
This could have everything to do with us because of the Iranian ships coming here. Thngs could get nasty.

WASHINGTON - The Trump administration has discussed whether to conduct the first U.S. nuclear test explosion since 1992 in a move that would have far-reaching consequences on relations with other nuclear powers and reverse a decades-long moratorium on such actions, said a senior administration official and two former officials familiar with the deliberations.
The matter came up at a meeting of senior officials representing the top national security agencies last Friday, following accusations from administration officials that Russia and China are conducting low-yield nuclear tests - an assertion that has not been substantiated by publicly available evidence and that both countries have denied.

A senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the sensitive nuclear discussions, said that demonstrating to Moscow and Beijing that the United States could "rapid test" could prove useful from a negotiating standpoint as Washington seeks a trilateral deal to regulate the arsenals of the biggest nuclear powers.

The meeting did not conclude with any agreement to conduct a test, but a senior administration official said the proposal is "very much an ongoing conversation." Another person familiar with the meeting, however, said a decision was ultimately made to take other measures in response to threats posed by Russia and China and avoid a resumption of testing.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trum...290244.php
Many things happen in life that make you wiser, gentler, smarter. Life is a good teacher.
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, DaJavoo, RedAuroras
Like Reply
Maybe that was what The Tenopah Quake last weekend was  Chuckle
You better start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner, because you are in one....
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54
Like Reply
Well, he's been making some people's heads explode for years now, so might as well have some fireworks to go along with it.
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Skyrison
Like Reply
It's just testing the cure for the common cold (China).
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, MysticPizza, RedAuroras, Skyrison
Like Reply
I can't say i like it, but I will say several other countries have been testing low yield nukes against the rules of the treaty, They are not advertising proof, but then IF they did, it would probably compromise how they know it. With that said for us to stay in the game and NOT become a second player which could be more deadly then not. We need to do some testing as well. Like I said i don't like it, but believe it is probably needed from what i understand.
[-] Liked by:
  • MysticPizza, RedAuroras
Like Reply
Ah yes . . . Mister Oppenheimer : " I Am Become Death "

[-] Liked by:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply
I'm with @Apache54 . Not a good idea. You think Covid 19's death toll is staggering? Pffft!

While we fully understand the need to stay up to speed in our "weaponology", my first question would be, "Where will the tests be performed?" Nevada and Utah have had more than their fair share of tests as well as New Mexico. Which patch of the planet will be made uninhabitable next?

If we have to go with radiation, I'd rather see the return of the neutron bomb. Chuckle Especially if we could covertly drop it on a SCS island that's been in the news for several years.

[Image: fvkhn4n.jpg]
[Image: jBnGhhZ.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Apache54, Oldcynic
Like Reply
(05-23-2020, 09:12 AM)RedAuroras Wrote: I'm with @Apache54 . Not a good idea. You think Covid 19's death toll is staggering? Pffft!

While we fully understand the need to stay up to speed in our "weaponology", my first question would be, "Where will the tests be performed?" Nevada and Utah have had more than their fair share of tests as well as New Mexico. Which patch of the planet will be made uninhabitable next?

If we have to go with radiation, I'd rather see the return of the neutron bomb. Chuckle Especially if we could covertly drop it on a SCS island that's been in the news for several years.

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!
[-] Liked by:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply
- I choose to reject modern society and the false song of Globalism! -
[-] Liked by:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply
Hiroshima . The First Use . Little Boy Away !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3_0D2h8BY

It had been discussed about picking an off lying islet to hit . Notice the Government and Population , then Bomb the Islet to Ash and Smoke as a Fair Warning . Still had Fat Man to carryout any Non Capitulation threat .

Decided an actual Damage Assessment was more " Valuable " to the " Peace " Effort . . .  Scratchinghead

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.icrc.org%2Flaw-and...f=1&nofb=1]

https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/b...asaki-1945

[-] Liked by:
  • RedAuroras
Like Reply