It's true: I'm a redneck.
Only rednecks really feel the pull of a good ole fashioned demolition derby.  Saturday night we got the pull and went out to hoot, holler, and get nuts. (There are only 2 active Covid cases in my county, 2 in the county next door, so we didn't feel too threatened).

Unfortunately, my phone was dying, so hardly any pictures, but this guy got a lot of cheers as he went around - it's the stars and bars, but can't see it too well here. There were lots of big Trump flags too.  Oddly enough, no Biden. Hmmmm...

[Image: 20200627-200335.jpg]

[Image: 20200627-200411.jpg]

In the big "open class" (where you get your car from the junkyard the day before and get it driveable - anything goes), when the smoke cleared, only a big sedan with a Confederate battle flag and a Grand Caravan with Trump 2020 were still running. Hillbilly heaven. I had a great time and only got mud clods in my hair once, LOL.

Yeah3
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Like Reply
(06-29-2020, 07:56 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: Only rednecks really feel the pull of a good ole fashioned demolition derby.  Saturday night we got the pull and went out to hoot, holler, and get nuts. (There are only 2 active Covid cases in my county, 2 in the county next door, so we didn't feel too threatened).

Unfortunately, my phone was dying, so hardly any pictures, but this guy got a lot of cheers as he went around - it's the stars and bars, but can't see it too well here. There were lots of big Trump flags too.  Oddly enough, no Biden. Hmmmm...

In the big "open class" (where you get your car from the junkyard the day before and get it driveable - anything goes), when the smoke cleared, only a big sedan with a Confederate battle flag and a Grand Caravan with Trump 2020 were still running. Hillbilly heaven. I had a great time and only got mud clods in my hair once, LOL.

Yeah3
Used to love to go to dirt track races. There was a track west of Atlanta, GA called West Atlanta Raceway (WAR). Helluva good time on Saturday night, the fights were sometimes better than the racing. Chuckle
Like Reply
My best friend back when I lived in Florida was a redneck. He used to call himself cuello rojo which is Spanish for redneck. We hanged around at country clubs. He used to put ketchup on everything, I mean everything. i don´t know if that is a redneck thing but we laughed a lot because of it.
Many things happen in life that make you wiser, gentler, smarter. Life is a good teacher.
Like Reply
If you have a brick under the tire of your 28 year old pick up while it's sitting next to a windmill in the driveway, well, you just might be a redneck...

[Image: s086cHg.png]

Chuckle
If you have to fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noahs Ark. And brother, its starting to rain...
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cS02C-Oo4

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] Liked by:
  • BirdLady2, Kamchatka, Lil Bit, Sassy, TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 07:33 AM)Catch Wrote: If you have a brick under the tire of your 28 year old pick up while it's sitting next to a windmill in the driveway, well, you just might be a redneck...

[Image: s086cHg.png]

Chuckle
special thanks to @FlyoverCountry for pointing that out  Chuckle
[-] Liked by:
  • BirdLady2, Catch, Kamchatka, Lil Bit, Sassy, TheOrderofChaos, WNC
Like Reply
(06-29-2020, 07:56 PM)Kamchatka Wrote: Only rednecks really feel the pull of a good ole fashioned demolition derby.  Saturday night we got the pull and went out to hoot, holler, and get nuts. (There are only 2 active Covid cases in my county, 2 in the county next door, so we didn't feel too threatened).

Yeah3
We've been sprint car fans for many many years and used to drive up to Macon every year for the Skoal Tractor Pulling Series at the fairgrounds there.
"rednecks, hillbillies and cowboys will save the nation"-  Me 1972

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"-Grandpa

"We put our faith in maniacs........"  Lemmy

"I'm nobodys slave, nobodys master".......John Kay 1970
[-] Liked by:
  • BirdLady2, FlyoverCountry, Kamchatka, Lil Bit, Sassy, WNC, ~mc~
Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 11:46 AM)last one Wrote:

Yeah3
We've been sprint car fans for many many years and used to drive up to Macon every year for the Skoal Tractor Pulling Series at the fairgrounds there.
but I'm not a redneck Chuckle
"rednecks, hillbillies and cowboys will save the nation"-  Me 1972

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"-Grandpa

"We put our faith in maniacs........"  Lemmy

"I'm nobodys slave, nobodys master".......John Kay 1970
[-] Liked by:
  • FlyoverCountry, Kamchatka, Lil Bit, Sassy, TheOrderofChaos, ~mc~
Like Reply
(06-30-2020, 11:46 AM)last one Wrote:

Yeah3

Good stuff!  This was at Salisbury.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
[-] Liked by:
  • last one, Lil Bit, Sassy
Like Reply
That seems a little too high class for me.

Chuckle

Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • Kamchatka, last one, Lil Bit, Sassy, SouthernBelle, ~mc~
Like Reply