I Pronounce the Pandemic Over
(06-30-2020, 09:50 PM)CrypticMole Wrote: We are still in the first wave which we almost beat, but the bars, public gatherings, and the protests across the US have caused new cases of infection to once again spike. It also appears to have mutated characterized by it becoming weaker and now infecting mainly 20-30-year-olds.

Most lipid-coated/enveloped viruses are susceptible to the Summertime heat, humidity, and the sun's UV light. However, and since this one is not, this is not considered a seasonal flu virus. The clue here is how it is quickly spreading in the hotter southern states during the summer. Now, this makes a second wave uncertain! Let's hope that's the case!
Actually...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt...SKCN2253SA

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The coronavirus appears to weaken more quickly when exposed to sunlight, heat and humidity, a U.S. official said on Thursday in a potential sign that the pandemic could become less contagious in summer months."

It weakens, but is not immediately or definitely destroyed. Even in a weakened state, if you get enough people into a closed environment for long enough, it is still contagious, though much milder and weaker (pardon the redundancy) than being reported by Mainstream Media.
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] Liked by:
  • CrypticMole, Deplorably-Nameless, San Azulito, Talon
Like Reply
I have a family member who works in our county hospital and they say people are still comming in, a few every day and they had one die last week from it. I personally dont believe that it is over. I wish it was though  Daydream
[-] Liked by:
  • TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply
(07-01-2020, 12:19 PM)JB1 Wrote: I have a family member who works in our county hospital and they say people are still comming in, a few every day and they had one die last week from it. I personally dont believe that it is over. I wish it was though  Daydream

You're correct,  but any epidemic has a bell-curve.   When you are on the downside of the bell curve, things are improving slowly....so it's not that it is over, but that the media should report things correctly.   

More cases are being found because so much testing is being done,  there are still deathly ill people, but that number is now declining dramatically.
[-] Liked by:
  • TheOrderofChaos
Like Reply