Wear Your Damn Mask!!
I'm going to order an awesome mask as soon as they're back in stock later this month, and I can't wait to wear it out in public.

[Image: facemask_e24a7108-0fbf-439c-9b1c-871c898...1593705834]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter_Steelheader's post:
  • ~mc~
Like Reply
Here in Texas a mask in public is mandentory.
I don't agree with it but I don't have $300 to pay for the fine and YES, the cops are all in the stores rounding up people and fining them ......
"You better start believing in ghost stories Miss Swann, because you are in one."
[-] The following 2 users Like Grendelmort's post:
  • Skyrison, Winter_Steelheader
Like Reply
They're getting ready to require it, just based on some study somewhere.

Maybe I can come up with a study, but it won't be as prestigious and will probably end up in File 13 with a box of used face masks.

When the State tells you it is safe to buy anything in a store except vegetable seeds, it's not about our health.

When the State shuts down millions of private businesses but doesn't lay off a single government employee, it's not about our health.

When the State prevents you from going to a funeral because it's too dangerous but allows in-person lottery ticket sales, it's not about our health.

When the State tells you it's too dangerous to golf alone, fish alone or be in a motor boat alone, but the Governor can get her hair done and stage makeup done for five TV appearances a week, it's not about our health.

When the State puts you in jail for walking in a park with your child because it's too dangerous but lets criminals out of jail for their safety, it's not about our health.

When the State tells you it's too dangerous to get treated by a doctor of chiropractic or post-op physical therapy treatments but deems liquor and cigarette sales (with high state taxes) to be "essential," it's not about our health.

When the State lets you go to the grocery store or hardware store but is demanding mail-in voting, it's not about our health.

When the State cites the WHO as authority for their limitation of your freedoms but the WHO first said the virus was not transmitted from human to human, it's not about our health.

When the State first says wearing masks won't help prevent spread of the virus but now says wearing masks is required in public places, it's not about our health.

When the State relies on the CDC for information but the CDC is literally made up of owners of vaccine businesses, it's not about our health.

When the State pays hospitals more to designate a death as caused by the virus but doesn't require any testing or verification, it's not about our health.

When the State said the entire reason for the lock-down was to avoid overwhelming the hospitals but the hospitals are laying people off and we're still locked-down, it's not about our health.

When the State says there's no testing to prove a drug works to treat the disease but doctors across the country are using the drug to treat people with greater than 90% success, it's not about our health.

When the State calls for more ventilators to treat the disease but there's no testing to prove ventilators work and they have a 90-98% mortality rate, it's not about our health.

When the State doesn't quarantine just the sick or most vulnerable but quarantines every person, business, church, and organization, it's not about our health.
[-] The following 2 users Like counterintelligence's post:
  • BirdLady2, Hero Protagonist
Like Reply
i was back in the hospital this week. That's 4 days in, 3 days out, 2 days back in. The hospital is a major one, partnered with UC Med Center in SF. During my second stay all hell broke loose. While waiting to be admitted, i watched Docs and Nurses wearing half hazmat suits screen people outside the building. Most of these people were Millennials. Some were given access to the waiting room. All in the waiting room were eearing masks as required by hospital security. Some of these people took their masks off while talking on the phone or, i guess they just didn't like wearing them.

After my first day, i noticed the staff was highly stressed. i started asking about the cause. They were apparently under staffed for the spike in COVID patents who showed up in one day. While in the waiting room i heard some talking about the BLM demonstration in town.

A day later, i asked one of the nurses if all the COVID patents were from 4th of July parties. She said, no; they are from the demonstrations in town, and, we'll see the the ones from the 4th around the 18th. The incubation period for COVID is about 14 days.

@TheOrderofChaos

Half the population at Base Camp was clinically delusional.
-- John Krakauer 1996 Everest Expedition.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • BirdLady2, sevenx, sloonie, Winter_Steelheader
Like Reply
@-RG-
Next time just prove your point. A fart micron is bigger than a Covid micron.-true
So....pull their head down close to your ass and let one go. If they can smell the fart, the Covid microns will surely get through more easily and at a higher rate.
Case closed.
(07-10-2020, 07:36 PM)Echo Wrote: Them : why aren't you wearing a..

Me: go fuck yourself.
My favorite is...

Them: where's your mask?

Me: I left it at yer moms house.

Last One
"rednecks, hillbillies and cowboys will save the nation"-  Me 1972

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself"-Grandpa

"We put our faith in maniacs........"  Lemmy

"I'm nobodys slave, nobodys master".......John Kay 1970
[-] The following 3 users Like last one's post:
  • FlyoverCountry, sevenx, ~mc~
Like Reply
[Image: Ecmo-Rs-NUw-AEIn-ZU-jpeg.jpg]
Like Reply
[Image: EA58-B794-6583-43-FF-A288-0-BE5-DC995-F23.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Saul Goode's post:
  • =42, last one
Like Reply
I'm a firm believer in masks, and don't see what the big deal is about wearing them.  I just tell people, "ok sir/maam, you believe what you want, just stay the hell away from me then if you don't wear one during this, thank you!"
Like Reply
(07-11-2020, 09:19 AM)Drifter Wrote: [Image: Ecmo-Rs-NUw-AEIn-ZU-jpeg.jpg]
it's not going to stay like this.  It's because of the outbreak.  Also, masks are a good idea anyway during normal cold/flu season.  But for some reason, many want to make this a "personal freedom" issue to blow it out of proportion
Like Reply