Destruction of Sports ...
Destruction of Sports ...

I'm Not Boycotting Major League Baseball – I’m Repulsed By It

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-blo...5206/posts

Watching or listening to baseball on a summer night has been a habit of mine for most of my life. I tuned in to the Covid-delayed opening weekend and was so offended by what I saw that I haven’t tuned in again. In fact, I canceled my MLB-TV subscription and requested a refund this past week.

I’m not boycotting Major League Baseball – I’m repulsed by it. All the left-wing slogans on the pitcher’s mounds and uniforms was probably enough to turn me away. But seeing the players overwhelmingly take a knee to profess their hatred of the USA and then slander the fans as racists made me sick. I could no more cheer for these ungrateful ballplayers than I could cheer for Covid.

They called their fans racists and figuratively spit on the American flag. And now we’re being told it was just an opening week tantrum. They want me to tune in and spend money on them again, even though they hate me and my country.

Something else that is really disturbing to me is that aside from the American-born players - who were taught to hate this country by the US media and our broken public school system - my team includes players who escaped the communist paradises of Venezuela and Cuba. They escaped communist Hell-holes, became multi-millionaires in the United States, and have a fan base that loves them and has made them rich. In return these communist refugees disparage this country, dishonor the flag, and call me a racist. Yuck.
I think back on how MLB permanently damaged itself with the 1994 strike, which resulted in no World Series that year. Baseball attendance took years to recover, and the World Series as a shared American event died then and there. My circle of family and friends all used to watch the World Series every year no matter who was in it. That all ended in 1994. Pretty much no one I know watches the World Series any more unless their team is in it. I don’t. In addition, before the 1994 strike I would drive three hours to the big city to attend a game at least 5 or 6 times per year. Since then, although I still watched baseball on TV, I’ve often gone several years without attending a game in person. There was permanent damage from the 1994 strike. There will be permanent damage from baseball’s 2020 anti-American spectacle.

A funny note to end this post – when I called MLB-TV to cancel and get my refund, the polite gentleman in India who I was talking to inquired as to why I was canceling my service. I told him I was deeply offended by the players’ anti-patriotic demonstrations on the field, therefore I was not going to watch any more MLB. He replied, “Oh yes. That again.”

MLB decided it wanted to be part of the 2020 culture wars? Fine. I am happy to let the ungrateful, America-hating MLB players get a taste of being cancelled. That’s how the culture wars work, right?

We decided to get rid of most of the Sat channels and really drop it to minimum....really had it for Sports when it boils down....

cancel our culture is just screw with you...and make your schedule be ruined...take something away is what its all about now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwMVMbmQBug
[-] The following 13 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, CSB, Elric, FlyoverCountry, John, Karl, Nightstalker2.0, phxsparks, Pope Trollalittle, PresidentElectSquirrel, Scuffalufacus, sevenx, SlowLoris
Like Reply
I heard today that the largest audience for a NBA game was 1.6 million so far.

Hannity has almost 5 million people watching every night

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, CSB, Dangerously Nameless, Elric, John, Pope Trollalittle, PresidentElectSquirrel, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
(08-17-2020, 03:41 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: I heard today that the largest audience for a NBA game was 1.6 million so far.

Hannity has almost 5 million people watching every night
It's been calculated that if the NBA games stay at under the 1.6 million audience, with no ticket sales to boost profits, it may not even make a year...
[Image: XhIy8dz.jpg][Image: OGlXtJa.png]
[-] The following 11 users Like PresidentElectSquirrel's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Dangerously Nameless, Elric, FlyoverCountry, John, Max, San Azulito, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
I photographed major league baseball for a time (Oakland A's World Series run & SF Giants).

I've completely lost interest in all sports except 250cc GP Motorcycle Racing. I don't care what they do. Good luck to the A's, my home town team but, i won't watch them any longer.

Hope is not a plan.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 10 users Like Max's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Elric, FlyoverCountry, John, Pope Trollalittle, PresidentElectSquirrel, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
(08-17-2020, 07:19 PM)Max Gravity Wrote: I photographed major league baseball for a time (Oakland A's World Series run & SF Giants).

I've completely lost interest in all sports except 250cc GP Motorcycle Racing. I don't care what they do. Good luck to the A's, my home town team but, i won't watch them any longer.
My dad loved sports especially baseball. The last year of his life the bastards went on strike. Haven't watched a game since nor will I ever again.
[-] The following 11 users Like WNC's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Capslock, Elric, FlyoverCountry, John, Max, PresidentElectSquirrel, San Azulito, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Good. Fuck 'em. I lost interest in these crybaby millionaires years ago. May they all rot into mediocrity along side the corporate franchise monstrosities they represent.
[Image: SoZEKF4.png]
[-] The following 9 users Like crunchysuperman's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Dangerously Nameless, Elric, FlyoverCountry, John, PresidentElectSquirrel, Scuffalufacus, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
Boycotting these overpaid useless wankers is the only way they'll learn.
Truth be known that many of them probably aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and are just blindly following the flavour of the day.

I'm waiting for the day when their leagues are no longer able to pay them obscene amounts to play a sport.
I'll laugh when they're no longer able to pay the mortgage on their mansions and when their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are repossessed.

Since they're on contracts, they'll either have to agree to massive pay-cuts or watch their team go bankrupt. Chuckle 
I'll be laughing loud at the players and the owners for allowing them to show such utter disrespect to their flag and the people who have supported them and financed their lives of luxury.

One thing I've never understood about American baseball; why is it called the world series when no other country is invited to compete? Scratchinghead
[-] The following 11 users Like Elric's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Debauchery, FlyoverCountry, John, Max, Pope Trollalittle, PresidentElectSquirrel, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
(08-17-2020, 07:39 PM)Elric Wrote: Boycotting these overpaid ess wankers is the only way they'll learn.
Truth be known that many of them probably aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and are just blindly following the flavour of the day.

I'm waiting for the day when their leagues are no longer able to pay them obscene amounts to play a sport.
I'll laugh when they're no longer able to pay the mortgage on their mansions and when their Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are repossessed.

Since they're on contracts, they'll either have to agree to massive pay-cuts or watch their team go bankrupt. Chuckle 
I'll be laughing loud at the players and the owners for allowing them to show such utter disrespect to their flag and the people who have supported them and financed their lives of luxury.

One thing I've never understood about American baseball; why is it called the world series when no other country is invited to compete? Scratchinghead
To me sports has gone to hell in a hand basket. I loved watching baseball games when I was growing up. Mickey Mantle was my hero although Stan Musial would give him a run for his money. Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese called a lot of the games back then. I truly feel sorry for kids today who will never be able to know what real sports where really like and the absolute joy we experienced back then.
[-] The following 6 users Like WNC's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Max, San Azulito, Wingsprint
Like Reply
I can't count how many days we spent in the boat with rods and reels listening to Royals games.  The games on the radio were both relaxing and exciting.   

Bologna sandwiches and Shasta were like gourmet food those days

[Image: sj45h51.png]
[-] The following 7 users Like FlyoverCountry's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, CSB, Elric, Karl, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
(08-17-2020, 07:22 PM)WNC Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 07:19 PM)Max Gravity Wrote: I photographed major league baseball for a time (Oakland A's World Series run & SF Giants).

My dad loved sports especially baseball. The last year of his life the bastards went on strike. Haven't watched a game since nor will I ever again.

From being just a few feet from the entrance to the A's dugout during many games... Most of the star players were spoiled AHs. I was always treated well as, i made them look good. But, to see other players treated badly by them would make you angry.. it made me angry. Jackson, Bando. Rudy, Tenace were ass holes. Blue, Fingers, North, Manguel, and others, inc Finley, were truly nice people.

I have nothing nice to say about the 80's Giants front office. We almost got legal over unpaid bills.  Both Vida Blue and Billy North were on the Giants roster. They both told me they were treated like shit by team managers. Screw the Giants.

I don't ever post my pictures on here but, this one's pretty funny. Hunter's lookin at the Ump - not happy. Circa 73 A's.

[Image: 4bEUk6O.jpg]

@WNC

Hope is not a plan.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 9 users Like Max's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Karl, Pope Trollalittle, Scuffalufacus, SlowLoris, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply