Destruction of Sports ...
Titans QB Ryan Tannehill should have kept his mouth shut…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhtUxyOFMw

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breakin...outh-shut/
[-] The following 2 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • Capslock, Pope Trollalittle
Like Reply
I used to be a huge Braves fan back when Maddux was pitcher. Gave up sports after that. I have no interest in watching morons make obscene amounts of money for fucking around and having a great time, not the athletes of today, they're a completely different breed, greedy, selfish, arrogant, ignorant, mouthy morons.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
[-] The following 7 users Like Debauchery's post:
  • bigD111, Capslock, Elric, Nightstalker2.0, Pope Trollalittle, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
Like Reply
The sooner professional sports is destroyed the better. There will be no more idiotic jocks made into millionaires. Instead they will have to learn a trade and do something actually useful. Kids in the ghetto will no longer waste years playing sports thinking it is the only way to make it big. They will also have to try harder in school and learn something useful.

People who were rabid sports fans will realize what a waste of time and money following pro sports and buying their shitty merchandise was and they will come to not miss it at all. Our universities will soon no longer be a farm system for the NFL and NBA and instead will hopefully get back to producing doctors and scientists.
Moon Rocks
[-] The following 5 users Like Pope Trollalittle's post:
  • bigD111, Debauchery, Elric, Skyrison, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(08-28-2020, 10:47 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: Titans QB Ryan Tannehill should have kept his mouth shut…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzhtUxyOFMw

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breakin...outh-shut/
“We’re tired of it.” 

The feeling’s mutual.  Facepalm Thinking people i.e. the vast 
majority are tired of these brain dead morons.
[-] The following 5 users Like Guest's post:
  • bigD111, Capslock, Elric, SlowLoris, Wingsprint
(08-28-2020, 11:48 PM)Debauchery Wrote: I used to be a huge Braves fan back when Maddux was pitcher. Gave up sports after that. I have no interest in watching morons make obscene amounts of money for fucking around and having a great time, not the athletes of today, they're a completely different breed, greedy, selfish, arrogant, ignorant, mouthy morons.
I agree totally. Definitely not the type of the past. I have no interest in watching at all.
[-] The following 5 users Like Nightstalker2.0's post:
  • bigD111, Debauchery, Elric, Pope Trollalittle, Wingsprint
Like Reply
They sure have lost my support! Just shut up and play the game ffs! Spoiled brats! Ham
Isaiah 22:22 The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder; So he shall open, and no one shall shut; And he shall shut, and no one shall open.
[-] The following 6 users Like bigD111's post:
  • BirdLady2, Debauchery, Elric, Pope Trollalittle, Wingsprint, WNC
Like Reply
I think the sports leagues were in a tough spot. Covid had shut them down...meaning they were generating $0 revenue. So, the last thing they needed in the middle of a 0$ rev. period was a dispute with their players over racial politics.

So, it made financial sense that they conceded everything they had to to get the players back on the field. At least they are generating money now. No doubt they are hoping the racial crap blows over.

The NBA has basically become an international sport now. They have TV deals all over the world.
But their players and salary cap are based upon revenue generated. The salary cap was already going to fall over the dispute they had with China early in the season. But if these players harm the botton line with racial politics, they will actually be feeling it at contract time.

The NFL i've heard that Dallas makes about $60M / home game. The Eagles make about 15M-20M. So without crowds their profit margins change dramatically.

The NFL responded in the past to Kaepernick by a pretty hypocritical embrace of flag waving and having military personal highlighted at games, etc. It was phony as hell. All they care about is $$ at the end of the day.

It is also interesting to know that the Finals of the Apex League of Legends video game league had more people watch it than watched the Superbowl.
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
[-] The following 3 users Like San Azulito's post:
  • Pope Trollalittle, Skyrison, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Lightbulb 
(08-17-2020, 03:35 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: Destruction of Sports ...

I'm Not Boycotting Major League Baseball – I’m Repulsed By It

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-blo...5206/posts

Watching or listening to baseball on a summer night has been a habit of mine for most of my life. I tuned in to the Covid-delayed opening weekend and was so offended by what I saw that I haven’t tuned in again. In fact, I canceled my MLB-TV subscription and requested a refund this past week.

I’m not boycotting Major League Baseball – I’m repulsed by it. All the left-wing slogans on the pitcher’s mounds and uniforms was probably enough to turn me away. But seeing the players overwhelmingly take a knee to profess their hatred of the USA and then slander the fans as racists made me sick. I could no more cheer for these ungrateful ballplayers than I could cheer for Covid.

They called their fans racists and figuratively spit on the American flag. And now we’re being told it was just an opening week tantrum. They want me to tune in and spend money on them again, even though they hate me and my country.

Something else that is really disturbing to me is that aside from the American-born players - who were taught to hate this country by the US media and our broken public school system - my team includes players who escaped the communist paradises of Venezuela and Cuba. They escaped communist Hell-holes, became multi-millionaires in the United States, and have a fan base that loves them and has made them rich. In return these communist refugees disparage this country, dishonor the flag, and call me a racist. Yuck.
I think back on how MLB permanently damaged itself with the 1994 strike, which resulted in no World Series that year. Baseball attendance took years to recover, and the World Series as a shared American event died then and there. My circle of family and friends all used to watch the World Series every year no matter who was in it. That all ended in 1994. Pretty much no one I know watches the World Series any more unless their team is in it. I don’t. In addition, before the 1994 strike I would drive three hours to the big city to attend a game at least 5 or 6 times per year. Since then, although I still watched baseball on TV, I’ve often gone several years without attending a game in person. There was permanent damage from the 1994 strike. There will be permanent damage from baseball’s 2020 anti-American spectacle.

A funny note to end this post – when I called MLB-TV to cancel and get my refund, the polite gentleman in India who I was talking to inquired as to why I was canceling my service. I told him I was deeply offended by the players’ anti-patriotic demonstrations on the field, therefore I was not going to watch any more MLB. He replied, “Oh yes. That again.”

MLB decided it wanted to be part of the 2020 culture wars? Fine. I am happy to let the ungrateful, America-hating MLB players get a taste of being cancelled. That’s how the culture wars work, right?

We decided to get rid of most of the Sat channels and really drop it to minimum....really had it for Sports when it boils down....

cancel our culture is just screw with you...and make your schedule be ruined...take something away is what its all about now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwMVMbmQBug
POTD
“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”

― Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like phxsparks's post:
  • Pope Trollalittle, Wingsprint
Like Reply
Report: Only 20% of NBA Players Are Registered to Vote
Jptdknpa

Recently, ESPN’s Marc Spears reported that only 20% of NBA players are registered to vote. This low number would be staggering in ordinary times. But given that NBA players have recently led the call for young people, especially young “black” people to vote this November; this number just boggles the mind on several fronts. With the near complete hijacking of the NBA’s messaging since its resumption in the Florida ‘bubble’, by the Black Lives Matter movement; it’s clear that the NBA is not just political, but it’s firmly ensconced in left wing politics, and by extension with the Democrat Party....

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3879167/posts
[-] The following 2 users Like Wingsprint's post:
  • Elric, Pope Trollalittle
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 12:15 AM)Pope Trollalittle Wrote: The sooner professional sports is destroyed the better. There will be no more idiotic jocks made into millionaires. Instead they will have to learn a trade and do something actually useful. Kids in the ghetto will no longer waste years playing sports thinking it is the only way to make it big. They will also have to try harder in school and learn something useful.

People who were rabid sports fans will realize what a waste of time and money following pro sports and buying their shitty merchandise was and they will come to not miss it at all. Our universities will soon no longer be a farm system for the NFL and NBA and instead will hopefully get back to producing doctors and scientists.
sports is a complete waste of brain power.  i was a big sports fanatic. but stuff being cancelled due to the virus made me realize just how much i DID NOT GIVE A SHIT about sports! it freed me in a way.  I really do NOT care anymore lol.  this virus caused a lot of shit, but ya know what? it caused some good things too...
[-] The following 2 users Like Skyrison's post:
  • Pope Trollalittle, Wingsprint
Like Reply