WOOD you? Woodworking and Makers thread for those who love making things
(Yesterday, 04:11 PM)Wing-ed Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:10 PM)DaJavoo Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:28 PM)Wing-ed Wrote: Had a big red Hawk get into my pigeons one time ! Went in and netted him with a fish net ! Showed him off for a while before I turned him loose ! He seemed real happy to never see me again !! Chuckle I have a lot of used chain link that should work ! Planning a covered area and a free range area ! I was remembering back to Grama and Granpas coop from 60 years ago ! I will be 71 in October !

Chain link is sturdy!  However, rats will feast on the scattered feed.  I used half-inch hardware cloth ~ still have the occasional mouse, but my kedi's ask to spend the nite inside to take care of things.   Chuckle
What I have been doing for rats and mice is the decon cubes in a jar with a hole drilled in the lid to keep out my critters !! I do keep K1 around just in case ! That is the antidote to decon !

I'd rather keep the poison out of the environment ~ don't want them staggering off the property and poisoning whatever may eat them.   [Image: AWHZg68.gif]

I'll stick with my kedis.   Heartflowers
[Image: qHzIQOs.png] [Image: Flag_of_Georgia_US_state.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like DaJavoo's post:
  • SlowLoris, Wing-ed
Like Reply
These little ones arrived today. We may need to start a dedicated chicken keepers thread  Chuckle

[Image: DSC-0025.jpg]
[-] The following 6 users Like TruthSeeker17's post:
  • DaJavoo, FlyoverCountry, Oldcynic, PickleSnout, Saul Goode, SlowLoris
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 06:23 PM)TruthSeeker17 Wrote: These little ones arrived today. We may need to start a dedicated chicken keepers thread  Chuckle

A chicken thread would be fun. In my younger days I raised Cornish game hens and roosters. Beautiful birds. The hens were laying constantly and I was giving away chicks because they were producing so many. Finally had to give them all up because they attracted too many hawks and possums and I couldn’t protect them while I was at work.
[-] The following 4 users Like Saul Goode's post:
  • DaJavoo, PickleSnout, SlowLoris, TruthSeeker17
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 06:36 PM)Saul Goode Wrote:
(Yesterday, 06:23 PM)TruthSeeker17 Wrote: These little ones arrived today. We may need to start a dedicated chicken keepers thread  Chuckle

A chicken thread would be fun. In my younger days I raised Cornish game hens and roosters. Beautiful birds. The hens were laying constantly and I was giving away chicks because they were producing so many. Finally had to give them all up because they attracted too many hawks and possums and I couldn’t protect them while I was at work.

OK I will do it. Give me a few minutes.
[Image: 5Z2I3zs.jpg] [Image: QpzjD4Q.png] [Image: uvbfbLz.gif]
Getting old is no problem. You just have to live long enough. * Groucho Marx
[-] The following 2 users Like SlowLoris's post:
  • DaJavoo, PickleSnout
Like Reply