The Fight for the Soul of Seattle
So sad Sad 

I remember when Seattle was a beautiful city.

No more.  Tissue 

The Fight for the Soul of Seattle |
A KOMO News Documentary ... Premiered Dec 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  
[-] The following 5 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • =42, Apache54, Elric, IDR, Max
Like Reply
With the correct mind set and a few thousand rounds of ammo this could be cleaned up very easily!

By REAL patriots of this country!
[-] The following 5 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Dough Dude, Elric, IDR, Wingsprint
Like Reply
(12-26-2020, 06:03 PM)Aquarius Wrote: So sad Sad 

No more.  Tissue 

Same for San Francisco.

Hope is not a plan.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Elric, IDR
Like Reply

No more.  Tissue 

I had a cousin that lived in Olympia. When ever I visited him we would go up to Seattle and I don't remember the streets or district, but there was a lot of great eateries and bars to visit. For the most part the people were nice. I guess that is gone and is very sad.
Doin' what I can with what I got

[Image: xHV5PUW.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like IDR's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Elric
Like Reply
(12-26-2020, 06:26 PM)Max Gravity Wrote:

No more.  Tissue 

Same for San Francisco.

Yes, I know that @Max Gravity  Sad

I lived near San Francisco from 1958 to 1960, and visited The City (as it was then referred to) many times.  
I was just out of high school, and it was such an adventure for me.  
That entire area, from San Mateo up to San Francisco, was beautiful

No more.  Tissue

I lived near there (in San Bruno) again from 1964 to 1966, and already not only SF but the entire area was already being terribly spoiled.  

I visited my oldest son in the late 1980's, who was then living in Belmont, and by that time, in my opinion, the beauty and the elegance, was gone.

So sad.  Sad
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  
[-] The following 3 users Like Aquarius's post:
  • Apache54, Elric, Max
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 12:11 AM)Aquarius Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 06:26 PM)Max Gravity Wrote:

No more.  Tissue 

Same for San Francisco.

Yes, I know that @Max Gravity  Sad

I lived near San Francisco from 1958 to 1960, and visited The City (as it was then referred to) many times.  
I was just out of high school, and it was such an adventure for me.  
That entire area, from San Mateo up to San Francisco, was beautiful

No more.  Tissue

I lived near there (in San Bruno) again from 1964 to 1966, and already not only SF but the entire area was already being terribly spoiled.  

I visited my oldest son in the late 1980's, who was then living in Belmont, and by that time, in my opinion, the beauty and the elegance, was gone.

So sad.  Sad

I grew up in the east bay and moved to SF after getting out of school, and traveling for work. I lived and worked in SF from 1972-2011. The 70's-80's were great. After Mayor Moscone was killed and Feinstein took over, it began it's decline.

I often visited family in SF in the 60's before moving there. I had thoughts about living in Europe after working there. I stayed in SF because of friends.

It was a truly beautiful place for a long time.

max

Hope is not a plan.

Apophenia is : “the tendency to perceive a connection or meaningful pattern between unrelated or random things (such as objects or ideas)”
[-] The following 4 users Like Max's post:
  • Apache54, Aquarius, Elric, Heir
Like Reply
Everywhere a corrupt politician has taken over a city they have declined into cess pools in just a few short years.
[-] The following 2 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Aquarius, Heir
Like Reply
I watched this, and it is sadly true.
I will not be going to the city for some time, not till (if) it gets better. My poor ol neighbor asked me to take him for hearing aids, but I told him it is no longer safe for us, and have a couple strong male friends take him.

The yuk is spreading.
God help us.
Heartflowers
[-] The following 1 user Likes PickleSnout's post:
  • Aquarius
Like Reply
People have lost their connection to the land and to each other, and collapsing urban spaces are the consequence. 

I still love Seattle but it was a different city only a few years ago. And not long before that... it was the far-away city. Now it is prime real estate. 

The government cannot be trusted to manage it, all the cities will become degerate shitholes without a sense of mutual identity and purpose. 

This is a repossession of glories won by the US through inflated banking schemes. What was lent to commerce is being reclaimed, wiped from the board. It currently stands to be replaced by Big Business. 

Instead of investing in stocks, people need to make their own American businesses. It must be tiny scale, and we all must shop at these little stores. Buy fresh, local, everything, or do without. We must say No Thanks to China.

They do this all over Asia: rows of tiny shops, and that is what we are going to need to do or else big business is going to leave all the commercial real estate to rot while we are forced to shop at Target.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mulciber's post:
  • Aquarius
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 11:10 PM)Mulciber Wrote: People have lost their connection to the land and to each other, and collapsing urban spaces are the consequence. 

I still love Seattle but it was a different city only a few years ago. And not long before that... it was the far-away city. Now it is prime real estate. 

The government cannot be trusted to manage it, all the cities will become degerate shitholes without a sense of mutual identity and purpose. 

This is a repossession of glories won by the US through inflated banking schemes. What was lent to commerce is being reclaimed, wiped from the board. It currently stands to be replaced by Big Business. 

Instead of investing in stocks, people need to make their own American businesses. It must be tiny scale, and we all must shop at these little stores. Buy fresh, local, everything, or do without. We must say No Thanks to China.

They do this all over Asia: rows of tiny shops, and that is what we are going to need to do or else big business is going to leave all the commercial real estate to rot while we are forced to shop at Target.

If we can just get enough people to do that !!  

Too many in the last generation or two seem incapable of doing what needs to be done !!!  

Pray without ceasing.  
Like Reply