Health, Nutrition and Science Thread
Rediscovered Native American remedy kills poxvirus

BY JAMES URQUHART21 MARCH 2012

Historical sources suggest that in the 1800s, when smallpox still posed a serious threat, the Micmac native Americans of Nova Scotia treated the disease using a botanical infusion derived from the insectivorous plant Sarracenia purpurea, a species of pitcher plant.

Now, Jeffrey Langland at Arizona State University in Tempe, US, and colleagues have conducted in vitro experiments with the herbal extract and found it inhibits replication of the variola virus, the causative agent behind smallpox. 

Although, natural smallpox no longer poses a health threat, there is a remote possibility that unstable states or terrorist groups could have acquired stocks of the virus following the collapse of the Soviet Union, which had developed smallpox as a biological warfare agent.

Vaccinations are still administered to at risk groups including researchers working with poxviruses and members of the US military who could potentially be exposed to the virus through biological warfare. But since the risk is so low for populations at large, it is hard to justify vaccinating everyone, particularly because the vaccine can have serious side effects. Developing therapies is therefore important in order to treat people if a bioterror event does occur. 

’There is much scepticism on herbal medicine but what our results illustrate conclusively is that this herb is able to kill the virus and we can actually demonstrate how it kills the virus,’ says Langland. ’It takes this herb out of the realm of folklore, and into the area of true scientific evidence.’ 

The team made extracts of S. purpurea and found that it was highly effective at inhibiting the replication of the virus in rabbit kidney cells. They then looked at the replication cycle of the virus and found that the herb inhibits mRNA synthesis, halting production of proteins vital for replication. ’Other drugs are being developed against smallpox, but S. purpurea is the only known therapy that will target the virus at this point in the replication cycle,’ says Langland.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/redi...20.article
[-] The following 3 users Like Godless_Patriot's post:
  • Betty, ELIAKIM, SouthernBelle
Like Reply
I've been doing some research on the Red Light (Heat) Therapy, has I bought a Red Heat Lamp last week. 

This video is Dr Michael Hamblin from Harvard Medical School. 

38 minutes 

I've cited some papers on my blog. 
https://lotusfeet22.blogspot.com/2021/11...erapy.html
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Heir
Like Reply
Paolo Cassano MD, PhD and Margaret Naeser, PhD, LAc

58 mins 

Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
  • Heir
Like Reply
Photobiomodulation on a Cellular Level | with Melissa [SciVision Medical]

For those that are interested in this subject, Melissa is going to include dentistry and veterinary clinical applications in her presentation, listening to her now. 300,000 published papers she says. 

Work going on in South Africa. 

1 hour 14 mins. 

• Heir
Like Reply
I've been experiencing various symptoms, I've had stool test, urine test and blood test all were OK, and pleased to say that there is no diabetes. The only thing that came back with my blood test (I was also tested for any deficiencies) was that thyroid is a bit off, and from what I read on-line, that can happen the older we get. 

Doc referred me urgently to the G.I. Consultant, we've spoken on the phone, waiting for the appointment at the hospital for more tests. 

While I wait, I'm experiencing some "acid reflux". I'm being very careful about what I eat and only eating small amounts. 

Any ideas? 

While bathing, in divine communion, I asked what my body requires for its health and I was given the fragrance of Star Anise, when I looked at Star Anise healing oil, it is for the intestines. 

Like Reply