Health, Nutrition and Science Thread
(11-24-2022, 06:30 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 05:48 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Hip pain sleeping on your side? Some exercises to strengthen your muscles. 

Work on the weakness. 

In some of the exercises he recommends using weights, I don't, 20 years ago I got a trapped nerve in my left leg after using a leg weight while doing floor exercises. 

12mins 

Tell you what. My military sins have truly caught up with me. Well, and maybe hold my beer watch this stuff as well. I'm not ashamed any longer to openly admit it. I hurt all the time and have for decades. I just sucked it up and moved forward until the last four years or so. My body can not tolerate narcotic pain killer. Plus, the Va doesn't prescribe pain killers as in the past. So many Vets became full blown drug addicts from it and sadly turned to the streets. You can fill in the blanks there. The best thing to happen to me was the back surgery this year even though new problems have raised their head. They said it would probably happen because of the severity of which my spinal cord was restricted within segments of my spine. The Neuroscience Center did a great job. I have no more pain shooting door my left leg when I walk and no more pain shooting out of my penis. That was bad because you could just be sitting and it would happen. Do you know how hard it is to keep a straight face in a meeting when that happens... Chuckle I feel much better and my mood is better even though I'm still broken. That's okay. The special forces orthopedic surgeon I had at Audie Murphy automatically authorized knee replacements with out me even bringing up knee issues. He told to suck it up as long I could. Around 62. I asked why, he explained and also stated that I would be lucky to reach 70. Due to my blood being tainted from chemical exposure. I said that's okay. My USAA life insurance policy is in effect until 72. He laughed and said at least you have her covered. Chuckle I love exMil doctors. There is no tip toeing through the tulips. These muscle relaxers they have me on though....woooo. I break them in half when I not having spasms or lower irritation. I all of you are well, mobile and always ready to throw a punch. Heck left out the need for a left hip replacement later down the line. What a chit show.lol
Pain shooting down the leg is a nerve/neurological issue, I solved mine with an inversion table in 2016. When it comes back, I do partial inversion again. Although these days I also have Chiropractic treatments every 2-3 weeks for the osteoarthritis. First thing in the morning is my most painful time, once I'm up and moving, everything eases up and any pain goes on its own. The orthopaedic surgeon is going to offer me injections or surgery next time I see him again, I shall be saying no to both. Now, its not just the hips, x-ray says its in my left knee too. I'm  not up for any major surgery I'd rather focus on exercise to strengthen the muscles that support the bone structure. I've met people that have had knee and hip replacements and they said that they weren't much better afterwards. 1 in 200 people also die on the table having a knee operation. Ain't going there, not leaving my furry companion, etc etc. 

I don't take any NSAIDS etc. I do take supplements though but not often enough. I'm going to tell that orthopaedic surgeon that I'd like to carry on with physiotherapist mentoring with the exercises, even if I see him once every 3-4 weeks. Keeping a check on me.  Chuckle He's very sweet, I like him. 

Have a listen to that arthritis video on the new research that is happening in America, the stem cell research is very interesting. 

Sitting down relaxes the muscles and most of us on the forum sit down for far too long. That's how the muscles can get weak, not using them. You know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose it. Applies to our muscles. 

Glad you've got the ex-military docs looking after you. 

I'm still having some skin issues and it drags me down, I do my utmost to stay positive and remember that quote from Bette Davis, "getting old is not for sissies". That always makes me smile.  Chuckle

Love beyond measure  Kiss
Heartflowers
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Arkan_Ted
Like Reply
(11-24-2022, 07:00 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 06:30 PM)Arkan_Ted Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 05:48 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: Hip pain sleeping on your side? Some exercises to strengthen your muscles. 

Work on the weakness. 

In some of the exercises he recommends using weights, I don't, 20 years ago I got a trapped nerve in my left leg after using a leg weight while doing floor exercises. 

12mins 

Tell you what. My military sins have truly caught up with me. Well, and maybe hold my beer watch this stuff as well. I'm not ashamed any longer to openly admit it. I hurt all the time and have for decades. I just sucked it up and moved forward until the last four years or so. My body can not tolerate narcotic pain killer. Plus, the Va doesn't prescribe pain killers as in the past. So many Vets became full blown drug addicts from it and sadly turned to the streets. You can fill in the blanks there. The best thing to happen to me was the back surgery this year even though new problems have raised their head. They said it would probably happen because of the severity of which my spinal cord was restricted within segments of my spine. The Neuroscience Center did a great job. I have no more pain shooting door my left leg when I walk and no more pain shooting out of my penis. That was bad because you could just be sitting and it would happen. Do you know how hard it is to keep a straight face in a meeting when that happens... Chuckle I feel much better and my mood is better even though I'm still broken. That's okay. The special forces orthopedic surgeon I had at Audie Murphy automatically authorized knee replacements with out me even bringing up knee issues. He told to suck it up as long I could. Around 62. I asked why, he explained and also stated that I would be lucky to reach 70. Due to my blood being tainted from chemical exposure. I said that's okay. My USAA life insurance policy is in effect until 72. He laughed and said at least you have her covered. Chuckle I love exMil doctors. There is no tip toeing through the tulips. These muscle relaxers they have me on though....woooo. I break them in half when I not having spasms or lower irritation. I all of you are well, mobile and always ready to throw a punch. Heck left out the need for a left hip replacement later down the line. What a chit show.lol
Pain shooting down the leg is a nerve/neurological issue, I solved mine with an inversion table in 2016. When it comes back, I do partial inversion again. Although these days I also have Chiropractic treatments every 2-3 weeks for the osteoarthritis. First thing in the morning is my most painful time, once I'm up and moving, everything eases up and any pain goes on its own. The orthopaedic surgeon is going to offer me injections or surgery next time I see him again, I shall be saying no to both. Now, its not just the hips, x-ray says its in my left knee too. I'm  not up for any major surgery I'd rather focus on exercise to strengthen the muscles that support the bone structure. I've met people that have had knee and hip replacements and they said that they weren't much better afterwards. 1 in 200 people also die on the table having a knee operation. Ain't going there, not leaving my furry companion, etc etc. 

I don't take any NSAIDS etc. I do take supplements though but not often enough. I'm going to tell that orthopaedic surgeon that I'd like to carry on with physiotherapist mentoring with the exercises, even if I see him once every 3-4 weeks. Keeping a check on me.  Chuckle He's very sweet, I like him. 

Have a listen to that arthritis video on the new research that is happening in America, the stem cell research is very interesting. 

Sitting down relaxes the muscles and most of us on the forum sit down for far too long. That's how the muscles can get weak, not using them. You know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose it. Applies to our muscles. 

Glad you've got the ex-military docs looking after you. 

I'm still having some skin issues and it drags me down, I do my utmost to stay positive and remember that quote from Bette Davis, "getting old is not for sissies". That always makes me smile.  Chuckle

Love beyond measure  Kiss
Heartflowers
I wish you and yours nothing but the best. Thanks for mentioning the stem cell research. Your completely correct about first thing in the morning. Got to get moving or those joints will just talk to you all day. Bless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arkan_Ted's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
(10-29-2022, 01:19 PM)ELIAKIM Wrote: 9 Ways Your EYES Tell You About Your Health

The Eye Doc

Why You NEED to Wash Your EYELASHES - 5 Tips for Blepharitis

So I've been through the triage team at Specsavers, first appointment then follow-up, now being sent to outpatients to see the optician at the hospital for a decision to be made about a lower lid. 

There was a lot of questioning going on today, the optician didn't seem to be able to differentiate between Blepharitis and Conjunctivitis. Dermatitis was a large contributor to getting Blepharitis and the Blepharitis caused Conjunctivitis. Has far as I'm concerned, from my experience the anti-biotic drops have stopped the conjunctivitis, so there is Blepharitis plus another condition of the bottom lid of one of my eyes. It's that 3rd condition that they think should be operated upon. Apparently, they make an incision to make the lid go back to where it's meant to be. 

The optician also said that once you've got Blepharitis, you don't get rid of it. He kept on talking about "bacteria". That doesn't make sense to me. So this is a new journey for me with this condition. He recommended that I get some more of the drops and continue with treatment. He also recommended a course of anti-biotics. I did tell him that I had already had a course in August when I had the kidney infection. 

The NHS website says it can be caused by the glands inside the eyelids not producing enough oil. 
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/blepharitis/

My view; that it is probably because the glands are getting blocked by the dermatitis. When you have a skin condition it can be external and internal. 

Blepharitis is not contagious. 

In September 2017, whilst preparing a Health, Science and Nutrition Training course for our generation, each fortnightly session was on a different subject matter. I asked the Lord what could I recommend for the eyes, in addition to the foods and supplements that I had on my list. I was then shown a vision of an eye bath. 

https://lotusfeet22.blogspot.com/2017/09...ssage.html

When I asked about the ears I was shown the colour orange.  That fortnightly session was on eyes and ears. 

@sloonie have you met anyone that has had this eye lid condition? I would appreciate your feedback if you have any to share.
Some people embraced big pharma to change nature whereas I listened to Jesus and embraced nature to improve the change. The heavenly Father said, "This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased". 18.1.2020. 
Like Reply

Work on the weakness. 

12mins 

I'm going to try this, starting with just the fist exercise to begin with.  
Thanks for posting this information @ELIAKIM
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.  ~ Matthew 5:16 

Pray without ceasing.  Pray for our Constitutional Republic!  Pray for President Trump!  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aquarius's post:
  • ELIAKIM
Like Reply
(11-25-2022, 06:07 PM)Aquarius Wrote:

Work on the weakness. 

12mins 

I'm going to try this, starting with just the fist exercise to begin with.  
Thanks for posting this information @ELIAKIM
You are welcome @Aquarius, last night prior to sleep I asked for help with the skin conditions that I'm experiencing and was given "lipoproteins" has a response. 
So today I'm researching this, (by the way exercise does help this too on a biological level). I've found this paper on-line. 

The Effect of Inflammation and Infection on Lipids and Lipoproteins

Chronic inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and psoriasis and infections, such as periodontal disease and HIV, are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease. Patients with these disorders also have an increase in coronary artery calcium measured by CT and carotid intima media thickness measured by ultrasound. Inflammation and infections induce a variety of alterations in lipid metabolism that may initially dampen inflammation or fight infection, but if chronic could contribute to the increased risk of atherosclerosis.

Treatment of the underlying disease leading to a reduction in inflammation results in the return of the lipid profile towards normal. The changes in lipids and lipoproteins that occur during inflammation and infection are part of the innate immune response and therefore are likely to play an important role in protecting the host. The standard risk calculators for predicting cardiovascular disease (ACC/AHA, Framingham, SCORE, etc.) underestimate the risk in patients with inflammation. It has been recommended to increase the calculated risk by approximately 50% in patients with severe inflammatory disorders. The treatment of lipid disorders in patients with inflammatory disorders is similar to patients without inflammatory disorders. Of note statins, fibrates, and fish oil have anti-inflammatory properties and have been reported to have beneficial effects on some of these inflammatory disorders.

Summary

Thus, in these different inflammatory disorders and infectious diseases, the alterations in plasma lipid and lipoprotein levels are very similar with decreases in plasma HDL being consistently observed. Also of note is the consistent increase in small dense LDL and Lp(a) level (the increase in Lp(a) occurs in inflammatory diseases but not infections) (32,100). There is also a tendency for plasma triglyceride levels to be elevated and LDL-C levels decreased. The greater the severity of the underlying disease the more consistently these abnormalities in lipids are observed. Additionally, treatment of the underlying disease leading to a reduction in inflammation results in a return of the lipid profile towards normal. This is best illustrated in periodontal disease where intensive dental hygiene can reverse the abnormalities in the lipid profile (72,73).

more 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK326741/

I
ts worth reading the full paper. Very interesting indeed. @sloonie
[-] The following 1 user Likes ELIAKIM's post:
  • Aquarius
Like Reply