Natures medicine; growers thread.
@Lil Bit suggested that we start a thread on cannabis and how to grow ones own.

I've self medicated with ganga since 15yo. 
For the last 20 years I've medicated daily for chronic nerve pain. 
As it turns out, cannabis has anti-inflammatory qualities that has stopped the progression of my Buergers disease that my surgeon said killed "100% of patients within three years after diagnosis".  Cheer   

Since cannabis is illegal here in Nanny State Australia, I'm illegally alive. [Bloody politicians  Slap ] 

Black market cannabis is often grown with chemicals. Some of the bud I've tried is simply nasty. 
Lately Middle Eastern dealers have been spraying bud with household bug spray - that not only adds weight but they claim that it improves the high [Well, generational inbreeding amongst muslims is common and explains why they're so stupid  Ham ]

Unless one 'knows a guy' who grows organically, one has little choice but to grow ones own. 
Growing in a suburban backyard is risky. Theft of ones plants is not uncommon and there's the risk of getting busted by the cops. 

Growing indoors is the obvious solution.
I've been growing indoors for thirty years. 
Back then we used HPS [High pressure sodium] and Metal halide lights. These are great for growing indoor plants but they suck up a lot of electricity and they generate quite a bit of heat. In a hot country like Australia the heat restricted me to growing only in the cooler months. 

These days LED lights have not only improved considerably but quality lamps are also quite cheap. 
Although yields aren't as high as under HPS & MH lamps, LED lights don't generate much heat and use way less power. 
Now I can grow for most of the year. 

Three to four plants a year supplies a mate and I in enough medicine for an entire year.
My set up is rather simple.
A 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent. 
600w Viparspectre LED lamp for veg and flower cycle. 
During the last month before harvest I add a 600w COB light.
A German extraction fan with carbon filter takes care of the odour. [A good quality carbon filter and fan is an absolute must have to avoid detection and nosy neighbours] 

Although a hydroponic set-up gives a higher yield, I now grow in pots with coco-coir with around 15% added perlite. 

This thread is for all things related to cannabis.
Please feel free to share your experiences or ask any questions from growing, to making ones own hash oil, smoking, vaping, edibles and most importantly, anything regarding it's therapeutic and medicinal use. 

For the record; I'm no expert but I'm sure that between us all, we should be able to answer most questions on the subject. 

Peace.  Heartflowers
[-] The following 15 users Like Elric's post:
  • Apache54, Arkan_Ted, bigD111, DaJavoo, Danfromthehills, Debauchery, Heir, Hot Nickles, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, Sassy, SiDDriX, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Thank you @Elric for start this thread.  I start my indoor grow last year, my seed sprout up on Dec 21.

It in a grow bag with per-lite vermicelli medium.  First I have it in a closet then I order a grow tent.

That where it at now.  It a auto-flower feminized Afghan. Pure Indica.  It under a 1000 watt HPS.

This morning I check it and like the seed bank say, it start to bud, it been 4 weeks.  I fertilize it with fish emulsion
so far but at next water cycle I gonna start with a big bud formula fertilizer.

This my first try at this so I prolly make a few mistake.  The plant only about a foot tall 
when it supposed to be maybe 2-3 foot before bud. But that ok, I just want good clean Indica to smoke for myself.

This pic when it in a closet after 1 week of grow.

[Image: xAAHyR1.jpg]

This pic when it in the tent taken after 4 weeks. Yesterday.

[Image: wyHxnL3.jpg]

When I unzip the door you can smell it strong!!!  It very healthy and it really like the tent.
[-] The following 12 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • Apache54, bigD111, Debauchery, Elric, FlyoverCountry, Heir, Hot Nickles, K1ll_R06U3, MysticPizza, SiDDriX, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
When this plant done I have more Afghan seed and some Hindu Kush seed also. Both 100% Indica.

That what I really like, The tent big enough for 4 plants so that what I try for next time. Prolly
about 8-10 weeks when this one get done.

My setup right now just a 4x4x79 tent.
Single 1000 watt HPS.
Some grow bags.
Perlite/ Vermiculi grow medium.

I have a can filter & fan on order for ventilation/ odor control.

That it, I check on her twice daily to maybe move the light and look at her.
[-] The following 10 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • Apache54, bigD111, DaJavoo, Debauchery, Elric, Hot Nickles, K1ll_R06U3, MysticPizza, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
I would strongly suggest that everyone needs to start to learn how to grow ALL types of herbs and also know what kind of herbs grow where you live and what they do and how to locate, harvest and process them. We are about to see a major down turn in the availability of many things as the DEMON-SCUM take control of everything.

Mother Nature has provided just about anything you need "IF" you know what to look for and how to use it correctly.
[-] The following 11 users Like Apache54's post:
  • Arkan_Ted, bigD111, Debauchery, Elric, Hot Nickles, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, SiDDriX, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Looking good @Lil Bit 

Indica are a good choice for newbie growers. 
I've grown a few Kush strains. All have been very good. Cherry OG Kush was my favourite. 

I've only grown one Auto strain - a freebie seed that came with an order; Amnesia [It was a brilliant smoke. Best Sativa dominant strain I've grown]  
Auto's aren't big yielders but that has improved lately compared to a few years back. 

One advantage to Auto's is you can give them more than 12 hours of light during the flower stage.
Plants need to rest so I gave the Amnesia 18 hours of light. 
Nonetheless, I prefer to grow from feminised seeds.

In the past I kept mother plants and took clones but it's a lot of work. These days I grow straight from seed.

It's nice to have a day med and a night med so I grow both Sativa dominant and an Indica dominant plants. 
Atm I'm medicating with Brainstorm and Chocolope Kush.
[-] The following 9 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Debauchery, Hot Nickles, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(01-22-2021, 05:49 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: When this plant done I have more Afghan seed and some Hindu Kush seed also. Both 100% Indica.

That what I really like, The tent big enough for 4 plants so that what I try for next time. Prolly
about 8-10 weeks when this one get done.

My setup right now just a 4x4x79 tent.
Single 1000 watt HPS.
Some grow bags.
Perlite/ Vermiculi grow medium.

I have a can filter & fan on order for ventilation/ odor control.

That it, I check on her twice daily to maybe move the light and look at her.
A 1000 watt HPS? That's huge, especially for one Auto. 

Before I switched to LED lights, I used a 400w HPS for veg and the first month after switching to 12/12 [12 hours of light] then switched to a 600w light until harvest. 
[Using a ballast that ran either 400w or 600w and a light fitting rated to take a 600w lamp, switching was as easy as switching globes and flicking a switch] 

Have you looked into LED lights @Lil Bit
They run much cooler, use way less electricity and are now very reasonably priced. 

Yields from LED lights aren't as high as from HPS but since I don't sell [because too many people are blabbermouths] and only grow for myself and a mate, that's not a problem. The quality of bud remains the same.
[-] The following 6 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, Debauchery, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
@Lil Bit are you intending to make hash oil from the sugar leaf and trim? 
Have you ever made any hash oil?

Nothing goes to waste here. 
Hash oil is a bit messy to handle so I turn my oil into a solid by mixing in powdered bud. 

It looks, smells and tastes like hash but is heaps stronger. 
A small piece the size of a matchhead is enough for most. 

It's extra good for pain relief. 

Love my hash.  Cheer
[-] The following 8 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Debauchery, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, MysticPizza, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
I remember years ago you could buy the seeds online, any kind you want, the selection was fantastic. They'd show up in the mail packaged inside of cd's and other stuff.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."
[-] The following 7 users Like Debauchery's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 12:42 AM)Debauchery Wrote: I remember years ago you could buy the seeds online, any kind you want, the selection was fantastic. They'd show up in the mail packaged inside of cd's and other stuff.
Yes. Canna seed banks really made it much easier for home growers to grow quality weed. 
Those who live in Europe and the U.S, can now order seeds from within, negating the risk of passing through Customs. 

These days there's quite a few seed banks from which to choose. 
One can also choose between a wide variety of strains, Auto's, regular and feminised seeds. 

Feminised seeds cost a little more than regular seeds but they're totally worth the expense, especially for indoor growers with limited growing space.
[-] The following 8 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Debauchery, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, RedAuroras, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
@Elric Yes, I looking at some LED setup now.  The HPS light and other stuff a gift from my neighbor.

I buy the tent just a few week ago.  And a new bulb.  The seed I buy cost more so far than anything.

The reason I have only one plant right now is I try to germinate one afghan and my three free kush seed.

The afghan sprout up fast, but only one kush seed sprout, but then it not come up out of the soil.

So, I wait till this one finish, then start over with the rest of my seed.  

This where I buy them from.  https://www.growerschoiceseeds.com/

And this the supply house where I get the tent and can filter/fan setup.
https://www.htgsupply.com/

My plant still growing tall, it at 17inch now.  I thought it start to flower but I not exactly sure.
I very exited about it all, I not have anything to smoke for almost a year now Scream1

Nowhere to buy any and I not able to go out and meet anybody new anywhere because of
the lockdowns.  Plus I not really have any friends yet since I only back in America for barely 2 years.

I think by end of march I might be ready to harvest and start it to the dry and cure process.
When I finally able to smoke some, after all this time, it prolly gonna knock me for a loop Chuckle

Later this year,  after this next grow, I gonna buy just feminized seed only, not Auto, then let it get like 
4-5 ft before to turn the light back and make it bud.  This my first time though and even if the Afghan
I have now only get a few more inch tall, it still may make 2 ft.   

I really looking forward to smoking some, it been so long for me, and I just love my weed!!! Daydream
[-] The following 8 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Debauchery, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, SiDDriX, TomBoy, WhiteAngel
Like Reply