Natures medicine; growers thread.
@Elric  Yes to the Hash, I really like that too Heartflowers  And later I try to make some after I get enough material.

I still reading a lot about all this though, and learning much as I can.  This really fun, easy, and make me very happy
to be doin it.  Chuckle

I not happy about the price of seed though, but after many day of searching online and compare, my link
 I show you before seem to be the cheapest. And they make a top ten list for seed banks in many different
articles I read.  I just place my order online, go to checkout, then choose pay by mail.  They only take cashier check
from a bank that way.   The seed by bitcoin thing, way too complicated for me Chuckle
[-] The following 5 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 12:54 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: @Elric Yes, I looking at some LED setup now.  The HPS light and other stuff a gift from my neighbor.

I buy the tent just a few week ago.  And a new bulb.  The seed I buy cost more so far than anything.

The reason I have only one plant right now is I try to germinate one afghan and my three free kush seed.

The afghan sprout up fast, but only one kush seed sprout, but then it not come up out of the soil.

So, I wait till this one finish, then start over with the rest of my seed.  

This where I buy them from.  https://www.growerschoiceseeds.com/

And this the supply house where I get the tent and can filter/fan setup.
https://www.htgsupply.com/

My plant still growing tall, it at 17inch now.  I thought it start to flower but I not exactly sure.
I very exited about it all, I not have anything to smoke for almost a year now Scream1

Nowhere to buy any and I not able to go out and meet anybody new anywhere because of
the lockdowns.  Plus I not really have any friends yet since I only back in America for barely 2 years.

I think by end of march I might be ready to harvest and start it to the dry and cure process.
When I finally able to smoke some, after all this time, it prolly gonna knock me for a loop Chuckle

Later this year,  after this next grow, I gonna buy just feminized seed only, not Auto, then let it get like 
4-5 ft before to turn the light back and make it bud.  This my first time though and even if the Afghan
I have now only get a few more inch tall, it still may make 2 ft.   

I really looking forward to smoking some, it been so long for me, and I just love my weed!!! Daydream
There's two better methods of germinating seed. 

1. Place seeds on a wad of wet [but not soggy] paper towel. Place in a dark cupboard until the seed sprouts.
2. The method I use is put the seed in a shot glass with a 1/2 inch of distilled water. Place in a dark cupboard until the seed sprouts. 

The Brainstorm and Chocolope Kush seeds were over 12yo. [That had been stored in an airtight jar in the fridge] 

Although it does differ between strains, an Indica plant will at least double in size after turning the light back to 12 hours. 
Under a 1000w HPS it would more than likely be closer to tripling in size. 
I'd turn back the light when the plants around 2' tall. 

Once you're familiar with how the strain grows you'll have a better idea of the best time to turn back the light.  

The most important rule of growing; don't tell a soul.
People tend to be blabbermouths when they have nothing to lose. 
Blabbermouths raise the risk of thieves stealing your crop and/or getting busted by the cops.

Others expect to be gifted bud because they say 'You got it for free.' Ham   No, I worked hard for my bud. If it's that easy why aren't they growing their own? 
My two close mates know that I grow but both are 100% reliable and trustworthy  [I knew that a long time before I shared with them]  
I don't mind sharing my bud but people with a sense of entitlement get nothing. 

It's a good idea to have a lock on your grow room door.
[-] The following 5 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 01:04 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: @Elric  Yes to the Hash, I really like that too Heartflowers  And later I try to make some after I get enough material.

I still reading a lot about all this though, and learning much as I can.  This really fun, easy, and make me very happy
to be doin it.  Chuckle

I not happy about the price of seed though, but after many day of searching online and compare, my link
 I show you before seem to be the cheapest. And they make a top ten list for seed banks in many different
articles I read.  I just place my order online, go to checkout, then choose pay by mail.  They only take cashier check
from a bank that way.   The seed by bitcoin thing, way too complicated for me Chuckle
Making hash oil is easy. 

When I started I used butane to extract but when I read that static electricity can ignite butane [which is heavier than air so it pools on the ground] I switched to using 99.8% isopropyl alcohol which is much safer. [80% iso will do but it takes much longer to evaporate than 99.8% iso] 
Plus one can control the quality of oil.

Soak trim for 3 mins to make honey oil for smoking/vaping.
Oil for edibles I soak the trim for an hour. [If making oil for edibles, you need to read up on decarboxylation] 

I'm told that Everclear is another good solvent but that's not available here in Oz. 

All one needs is;
- sugar leaf and trim. 
- a solvent.
- a heat proof jug.
- a heat proof dish. 
[I bought both jug and dish for a few dollars each at a charity shop]
[-] The following 5 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Ok on the germinate method. That what I try next time.
Shot glass, dark cubbard. Heartflowers

And sure thing I will try for the oil right away.
When I harvest, I do the method you describe. Chuckle

This the reason I want you to start the thread Kiss
For me, and everyone to learn and share knowledge
about this wonderful plant Drinks
[-] The following 5 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Heartflowers One more thing, I pick the Afghan also for that reason.
It say that the leaves have much resin on them and
many growers choose Afghan for specific for making hash!! Cheer

I also looking at some Indica/ Sativa blend seed.
White Widow look good, It 60/40 Indica dominate. Popnana

This morning, I go to look at my girl and she just standing tall
and so pretty, this the end of it 4 week so soon it should start to bud Daydream

I just keep patiently waiting. Yes you right about not just giving it away.
This take a long time ti get from a seed sprout to a final harvest!!

I not tell anyone because they is no one around to tell it too anyway Lmao
[-] The following 4 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Elric, K1ll_R06U3
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 06:43 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: Heartflowers One more thing, I pick the Afghan also for that reason.
It say that the leaves have much resin on them and
many growers choose Afghan for specific for making hash!! Cheer

I also looking at some Indica/ Sativa blend seed.
White Widow look good, It 60/40 Indica dominate.  Popnana

This morning, I go to look at my girl and she just standing tall
and so pretty, this the end of it 4 week so soon it should start to bud Daydream

I just keep patiently waiting. Yes you right about not just giving it away.
This take a long time ti get from a seed sprout to a final harvest!!

I not tell anyone because they is no one around to tell it too anyway Lmao
Kush strains are particularly good for making hash but Sativa/Indica strains also make great hash oil.  Cheer 

I've grown a few White Widow x strains. All were good.
My favourite was WW x Amnesia. It was a great day med. 
Not only is it nice to have one day strain and another for night, it's good to have a choice depending on mood. 

They do take a while to grow from germination to seedling stage but as you saw, they start to grow quickly from there. 
Clones are much quicker. Once they sprout roots they're ready for the big light within a week [Clones and seedlings are under household Cool Blue 100w equivalent lamps] 

Now that you've started, germinate the seeds for your next crop when your plant/s are about 3-4 weeks from harvest. 
Keep it/them under a 100w cool blue bulb until you're ready to put them in the tent. 

If you're growing just for your needs, you don't need to grow more than one plant at a time. 
With a 1000w light, I'd get up to 1lb from one plant, depending on the strain. 
Let's say you get just 8oz from one plant, that's a shitload of bud for one person.  Yeah3    
Plus you'll have hash oil from the trim.

Using LED lights, I grow 2-3 plants each crop and turn them when they're 1' tall and I get 9-12oz [Depending on strain - Indica dom are usually heavier yielders than Sativa dom]
[-] The following 4 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Mars Hydro is best bang for the buck IMO . TS Series is very appealing .

[Image: OIP.ra0_qnFOjuTTYt07pmRmygHaHa?pid=Api&rs=1]

[Image: TS1000-01.jpg]

[Image: mars_hydro_ts-3000_quantum_board_led_gro...ectrum.jpg]

Lots of models and configurations to chose from .

I Load My Afternoon Corn Cob Bowl in Honor of Your Enterprise and It 's Success .

[Image: 3FTRPrR.png][Image: on1tkoS.png]
https://web.archive.org/web/201310032204...gacy.info/
Celebrating Over 30 Years as a " Designated Paper Terrorist "
[-] The following 5 users Like Heir's post:
  • bigD111, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
Some info on these.

The older TS-1000 pulled 150 w @ 110 ac at the wall . The light out put is equated to 250w HPS .

Harvest reports average 1/2 - 3/4 Gram per Wall w . 112 G is it for a single TS-1000 ?

I don 't know . All I know is I ended up with 2 Quart Jars full after curing , and near a Pint over since I didn 't pack the Buds to tightly .

Like Reply
It is legal here since the election. So, looking into it. Also have a friend in Boston area that has grown multiple times and is a good source of info. I farm, as well as raise many cattle, but also getting up in years and have lots of inflammation. With the new law, I am able to grow 4 plants. I would go for variety so as not to get burned out from smoking too much of one thing. Good to read your tips guys and gals! Thanks!
Isaiah 22:22 The key of the house of David I will lay on his shoulder; So he shall open, and no one shall shut; And he shall shut, and no one shall open.
[-] The following 5 users Like bigD111's post:
  • DaJavoo, Elric, K1ll_R06U3, Lil Bit, WhiteAngel
Like Reply
I 'm really taken by the Quantum Board LED Design .

Here 's a 300 Wall Watt grow . From 420 Magazine .

[Image: full]

Like Reply