Natures medicine; growers thread.
(04-16-2021, 07:20 AM)Heir Wrote: Don 't get too excited Lady Girl . Moderation is a decent Objective .

Cannabis has been a Friend of Mine since the early 1960 's . I remember the first " Red Oil " offered . And the Gold .

Cripe We smoked Ourselves Stupid in those days .

Facepalm

From the age of 15yo, my mates and I would smoke until the bowl was empty or we were all too stoned to pack. 
What a waste.  Facepalm  indeed. 

These days I appreciate the subtleties more I guess.  1dunno1  
Just one pipe is sufficient to take me to a really pleasurable high for at least a couple of hours before I feel like another. 

When I need something stronger, rather than having several pipes I pull out my homemade hashish.  Cheer   

That leads me to say . . .
[Image: 0rhumPy.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, Heir, Lil Bit
Like Reply
(04-15-2021, 02:25 PM)Lil Bit Wrote: @"Elric  @"Heir"  @WhiteAngel  @K1ll_R06U3

Smoke Report

Budlets   

The budlets I harvest only give me enough for 2 small bowls.
But it calm me down good after a big day in studio. Help me get to
sleep. 

The Oil

I end up with a small round ball of green/brown goo.
It enough to have 2 smoke session with.  
I smoke it on a day off from studio.  
Very powerful narcotic!! I stunn at how strong it was. Scream1
It knock me into a trance for the first 3 hrs, then I just 
super chill out stoned for another 4-5 hrs.  The taste was
amazing!!!  I smoke the rest of my ball the very next day. Chuckle

Plant still alive, no trichome yet Daydream  Waiting--waiting--waiting.

Believe it when I say I make more of that hash goo!!!  OMFG!!! Popnana
Yay!  Cheer   

Glad to hear that your efforts have been rewarded.
The oil is good stuff alright.

@Lil Bit just keep in mind that the bigger cola buds will be stronger than the lower fluffy buds that you smoked. 

In your position, once the plant is mature, I'd be keeping the upper colas for smoking and would use the lower half and trim to make oil. 
Even if you save the bigger buds to cure to make another batch of oil later on, at least you'll still have the option. 

Plus, oil made from properly cured bud* is even tastier and smoother than hash oil made from freshly dried bud. 

Something to consider; as much as I enjoy my homemade hashish**, I'm quite cognisant of not developing a tolerance where I can no longer enjoy good bud. 

For a couple of years I was a regular at a 'stoner' forum, the hash oil sub-forum in particular. 
Many of the regulars made huge batches of oil and it was all that many of them smoked. 
Quite a few of them mentioned how good bud like OG Kush, White Widow and Girl Scout Cookie for e.g. [all really good strains] did little for them.  Scream1  

Although I save my hashish usually for when I'm having a bad day pain wise, it ensures that I'm not smoking it daily so I don't develop a tolerance. 
Having at least two different strains also helps against developing a tolerance by switching from one to the other.  

* Let me know if you've not dried and cured bud before. 
Done properly, it brings the best result. 

** Hash oil is so sticky and messy I turn my oil into a solid by mixing it with powdered bud. 
It looks and tastes like regular hash but is so much stronger.
[-] The following 2 users Like Elric's post:
  • bigD111, Lil Bit
Like Reply
@Elric  No I not ever dry and cure any MJ before.  This my first try at growing.

That Hash oil I make I use everything, leaf, stem, all of the leftover from
the bottom branch I harvest.  4 lowest branch, and then I just cut all that
up and leave it in a bowl to dry. After that I put it in a silk screen strain bag
and soak it in alcohol for about 6-7 min. squeeze it all out pour that mix onto a 
big flat plate and let that evaporate.  After 3 days it just leave a very sticky
 green brown goo on the plate. I scrape it all up with a razor blade.  And get a small ball.

That what I end up with and split that for two pieces.  It so good, and make me
stoned for 5-6 hour, maybe more. Cheer

But I know, smoking hash only, make you not able to enjoy the buds.
Plus I only get so tiny amount. But I say again, It stun me how good it was!!

I locked in a trance almost for the first 3 hrs Chuckle Then it just turn into a 
very super chill out stoned relax feeling. I love it so much Daydream

My Afghan still alive and very slowly the buds getting bigger.  
The end of this coming week be 4 months old. Maybe I see some trichome
by then???   Popnana Popnana Popnana
[-] The following 3 users Like Lil Bit's post:
  • bigD111, DaJavoo, Elric
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 06:28 AM)Lil Bit Wrote: @Elric  No I not ever dry and cure any MJ before.  This my first try at growing.

That Hash oil I make I use everything, leaf, stem, all of the leftover from
the bottom branch I harvest.  4 lowest branch, and then I just cut all that
up and leave it in a bowl to dry. After that I put it in a silk screen strain bag
and soak it in alcohol for about 6-7 min. squeeze it all out pour that mix onto a 
big flat plate and let that evaporate.  After 3 days it just leave a very sticky
 green brown goo on the plate. I scrape it all up with a razor blade.  And get a small ball.

That what I end up with and split that for two pieces.  It so good, and make me
stoned for 5-6 hour, maybe more. Cheer

But I know, smoking hash only, make you not able to enjoy the buds.
Plus I only get so tiny amount. But I say again, It stun me how good it was!!

I locked in a trance almost for the first 3 hrs Chuckle Then it just turn into a 
very super chill out stoned relax feeling. I love it so much Daydream

My Afghan still alive and very slowly the buds getting bigger.  
The end of this coming week be 4 months old. Maybe I see some trichome
by then???   Popnana Popnana Popnana
Jptdknpa  I suspect you had a much larger bit of oil than what I smoke. 

Hash oil is much stronger than regular hashish. 
It doesn't matter if the oil was made from leaf and trim or bud, it's all good. 
The only difference is the quantity. That's why I waste nothing. 

An hour or so before bed, I often flatten a piece of hashish the size of a grain of rice, then half fill the pipe bowl with bud. 
That leaves me nicely stoned but I can still function.  Chuckle    And I sleep like a baby. 

Buds usually put on a lot of weight in the last few weeks. 
4-5 months is not that long for a hybrid but seems it is a bit for an Indica/Ruderalis auto.  1dunno1  

Nonetheless it looks like it's still not ready to mature. 
The fact that you got oil from the leaf and trim is a really good sign. It means there's trichomes [sometimes the trichomes are really small] and they'll only continue to grow more right up to harvest,

When you're closer to harvest, I'll explain the drying and curing process. 
Doing it correctly makes a big difference in taste, smell, smoothness and even the high itself [because trichomes keep maturing] 

Then K1llRogue, Heir and others can offer their suggestions or tips.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elric's post:
  • bigD111
Like Reply